Thread: Optical sensor being confused as flow sensor?!

Frequent Visitor

Optical sensor being confused as flow sensor?!

So I got a new optical sensor for the FFM. Now when I connect it, it's says it's a flow sensor.

Any fix?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Go to modules and select the FFM. Select configure from the action drop down and then select optical sensor from the mode drop down for the port that the sensor is attached to. Be sure to select update apex when you are down making the changes.

Be sure to uncheck 'Use auto detection' for the appropriate port (and all ports, imo) in the Configure menu of the FMM Modules page, even if it appears to have gotten it right, and then manually select the correct sensor type, then update.

Frequent Visitor
    Nope something seems to be broken. When I have all 4 connected they don't function correctly even if I configure them manually. And if I don't use the auto setting then that one gets confused as a flow sensor.

One that should be open all then time so I can know of the sump level goes to low its closed, and it's full of water.

Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    Nope something seems to be broken. When I have all 4 connected they don't function correctly even if I configure them manually. And if I don't use the auto setting then that one gets confused as a flow sensor.

One that should be open all then time so I can know of the sump level goes to low its closed, and it's full of water.

Make sure they are seated fully (it will make an audible click).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah they did. But is still having issues. I don't know if I can rollback the firmware and see if the new one cause it.

Yeah they did. But is still having issues. I don't know if I can rollback the firmware and see if the new one cause it.

You can't do that yourself, and even if you could it won't help. I would however make sure the FMM module firmware is up to date. If that doesn't fix it, try it one sensor at a time because it's possible (I dont know for certain) a shorted IR diode could cause this unexplained behavior.

Frequent Visitor
    The software it's up to date. I change the sensor to a different port and still is not working properly.

Could be short-circuit. Now what?

The software it's up to date. I change the sensor to a different port and still is not working properly.

Could be short-circuit. Now what?

Contact support.