Thread: Setup for Radions Seasonal Table

Frequent Visitor

Setup for Radions Seasonal Table

I set this up based on the sticky by Russ and a thread that Zombie helped someone on a couple weeks ago. I pretty much just duplicated it with minor tweaks, but would like a quick check. Also I was messing with the idea of weather events to help with acclimation. I'm about to start adding a bunch of corals, so I'd like to make that a little easier than adjusting all the profiles. The picture is an excel that shows my light profiles. I will probably change them a bit, it is based off some default color temps in the wizard but I like it well enough for now.

Rad_Profiles.JPG

Set OFF
    If Output Moonlight = ON Then RAD_Moon
    If Sun 000/-360 Then RAD_SunUp
    If Sun 360/000 Then RAD_SunDowm
    If Sun 060/-360 Then RAD_MidMorn
    If Sun 360/-060 Then RAD_LtEve
    If Sun 120/-360 Then RAD_LtMorn
    If Sun 360/-120 Then RAD_MidEve
    If Sun 240/-240 Then RAD_Day
    If Output Pre_Weather = ON Then PreWeather
    If Output Clouds = ON Then Cloudy
    If Output Storms = ON Then Stormy
    If Output Post_Weather = ON Then PostWeather
    If Output LED_Demo = ON Then Demo
    If Output ACL_40 = ON Then RAD_ACL_40

ACL_40 (VO)
    Set OFF
    If Sun 300/-300 Then ON

RAD_ACL_40 Weather Profile

ACL_40 profile.JPG
    This seems to work, and if there isn't a problem I will add a couple more just like it with different profile percentages. Then just turn the one I want to Auto and turn the others Off.

Looks fine.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, I think I found one problem with my ACL_40 (VO). I should have set it to:
    If Sun 120/-120 Then ON. This way it should override everything except the 2 hours of morning/evening ramp profiles. Does that seem right?

Quote Originally Posted by Diznaster View Post
    Thanks, I think I found one problem with my ACL_40 (VO). I should have set it to:
    If Sun 120/-120 Then ON. This way it should override everything except the 2 hours of morning/evening ramp profiles. Does that seem right?
    Depends on how high the other profiles ramp to. You want it at roughly the same time it would normally hit 40%

Frequent Visitor
    That makes sense, so I will adjust the times SUN +/- for each acclimation percentage to hit the general target. Thanks again

Frequent Visitor
    This has been working good, but for some reason my Moonlight never shuts off. I'm using the default seasonal table but I added 3 hours to each time for viewing preference.

Moon Season.JPG
    Moonlight (VO) Never turns off, triggers Moon profile in lighting program.
    Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON

This has been working good, but for some reason my Moonlight never shuts off. I'm using the default seasonal table but I added 3 hours to each time for viewing preference.

Moon Season.JPG
    Moonlight (VO) Never turns off, triggers Moon profile in lighting program.
    Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON
    Are you sure it's not turning off? Moon cycles change and there will be many days that the moonlights won't turn off at night and some times they will be off all night.

Frequent Visitor
    I posted sun table on accident, here is moon table. Maybe I don't understand something here. it seems like it should turn off around 23:20 right now. That doesn't work with what I see in real life so, confused.Moon Season.JPG

I posted sun table on accident, here is moon table. Maybe I don't understand something here. it seems like it should turn off around 23:20 right now. That doesn't work with what I see in real life so, confused.Moon Season.JPG
    Those times are for the new moon. The actual times on a specific day will be modified by about 50 minutes to mimic the full lunar cycle. The actual time will only match those values on the new moon itself.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm sorry to be dense here, but if moonset is at 23:36 and moonrise is at 11:36 and it will be modified by approximately 50 minutes. How could it stay on all night? It seems like there should be a 12hr off period. I probably need to better learn/understand lunar cycle times to answer this. I will work on that, but any advice appreciated. One other question i have after trying to understand from the CRM. There is mention of lunar intensity and it can be controlled from the seasonal table (picture below).

WXM Lunar.JPG

I do not see an "Int" setting in the seasonal table anywhere. The CRM appears to be dated, has this been eliminated or can I find it somewhere.

I'm sorry to be dense here, but if moonset is at 23:36 and moonrise is at 11:36 and it will be modified by approximately 50 minutes. How could it stay on all night? It seems like there should be a 12hr off period. I probably need to better learn/understand lunar cycle times to answer this. I will work on that, but any advice appreciated. One other question i have after trying to understand from the CRM. There is mention of lunar intensity and it can be controlled from the seasonal table (picture below).

WXM Lunar.JPG

I do not see an "Int" setting in the seasonal table anywhere. The CRM appears to be dated, has this been eliminated or can I find it somewhere.
    Because it's 11:36 to 23:36 on the day of the new moon, then 12:26 to 00:26 The next day, then 13:16 to 01:16 the next so on and so forth.

Frequent Visitor
    So it is a stacking adjustment!! Thanks, I interpreted "modified by 50 minutes" as a total range not a new adjustment every day based on yesterday. This makes much more sense based on my anecdotal observations of the moon. I'll look into it more and figure out an excel chart, just because I'm curious. I trust that it works because others like yourself have probably done that already years ago.