Thread: Cor 20 plumbing question- inlet

Frequent Visitor

Cor 20 plumbing question- inlet

Hello all. I have a new Cor20 that im trying to figure out the plumbing for. I think i have the outlet plumbing sorted, but if i am using the pump as submersible, shouldnt some sort of screen go over the inlet? Seems like it shouldnt just be an open orifice for something to get sucked up into, like a snail? Thanks in advance

I would. There is a thread on here where a guy designed an excellent one that could be 3d printed and he is willing to give out the plans to anyone who sends him a PM (you can send those plans to a 3d printing company to have them make one). You can also use the included union and attach that to a screen of your choice, or you can use the dreaded sponge filter over the inlet.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would. There is a thread on here where a guy designed an excellent one that could be 3d printed and he is willing to give out the plans to anyone who sends him a PM (you can send those plans to a 3d printing company to have them make one). You can also use the included union and attach that to a screen of your choice, or you can use the dreaded sponge filter over the inlet.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Thanks. Very helpful. Before I get real fancy with 3-D printing, I think I'm going to attach a short piece of PVC to the fitting and then fashion some sort of plastic screening cover for the end of it.