Thread: Energy Bar Not Recognizing Outputs

New User

Energy Bar Not Recognizing Outputs

Hello,

After months of trying to get the Apex 2016 working with my university's internet, I have success!! WOOHOO! However, now on to step 2: programming the Apex. For the most part I have been able to read online and figure out almost everything, except how to set an alarm for the amp usage and for the recognization of outputs. I found the area where I need to go, but however, I get an error that states there are not outputs available.

As you can see
    Picture 2017 - the energy bar is connected with an okay status
    Picture 2019 - I have a UV lamp in (1), a heater in (3), and a pump in (5)
    Picture 2110 - the energy peaks are for when the heater kicks on ---

BUT! there should be a constant amp (because the UV and pump are always running), right?

Picture 2112 - overview of what I have programmed.

So my questions are:
    1) How do I get the energy bar to recognize the power usage from the pump and the UV light?
    2) How do I program the alarm for when the power usage goes out of range. For example, the pump stops working. At the moment when I got to "power usage alarm" I get an error stating no outputs available. Also, the only outputs for graphing purposes are the UV light.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
    Jessica
    Attached Images Attached Images

There should be some, but UV is very low amp draw. Most are only 10 watts, which isn't enough to break the threshold of 0.1A

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks! Good point for the UV lamp, but the water pump should be pulling enough energy to show a constant power usage. The power usage really only peaks when the heater comes on. For me, it is important to monitor if the pump was to go out. No pump means NO water to all our research fish..eeck!!

You might need to "calibrate" the amps probe if it's not showing any amps when the pump is on. There are instructions in the user manual on how to zero the amps probe.

Quote Originally Posted by fiwizebrafish View Post
    Thanks! Good point for the UV lamp, but the water pump should be pulling enough energy to show a constant power usage. The power usage really only peaks when the heater comes on. For me, it is important to monitor if the pump was to go out. No pump means NO water to all our research fish..eeck!!
    Also there is no way to detect and alert if there is a pump problem for amps on the EB6. Your only option is to install a flow sensor with the FMM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiwizebrafish View Post
    For me, it is important to monitor if the pump was to go out. No pump means NO water to all our research fish..eeck!!
    Is the pump located in a sump with a variable water level? If direct power monitoring isn't available and you don't want to install a flow sensor, you can use a float sensor or optical sensor in the sump to monitor that the water level never gets too high, which might indicate a return pump failure.