Thread: Keep having to reboot my apex to connect to fusion !

New User

Keep having to reboot my apex to connect to fusion !

So every day since I got my new apex i’ve lost connection to fusion and it won’t reconnect without me pushing the reset button on the controller. I’m leaving for vacation in another week and the thoughts of not being able to see what’s going on because fusion disconnect is really bothering me. I am on satellite Internet and it does occasionally go out but with all other devices that are running on my router they pick it up and I can do searches and such and it works but with the apex it goes out and won’t come back on. So I did run the ethernet cord from the back of the receiver and to a four-way switch which I wired directly to my apex with an ethernet cord and then Ran another ethernet cord which runs my house router. I thought this was going to solve my problem but it hasn’t. Is there anything I can do to stop having to push the reset button?

Sometimes assigning a static ip in the apex or reserving a DHCP lease for the apex inside the router itself helps with this kind of problem.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I’m almost thinking my internet provider could be the problem. We have satellite internet and we have to call them and give them info about our router to get it to work. I wonder if they are somehow disconnecting the apex like they block a new router from receiving and sending info?

New User
    So for the benefit of others I think I cured my problem by getting a new router. Mine was old. Thinking about it my web cam used to work for a while before and then it would go offline the same way. Now it’s working good too. I’ve lost connection a few times today because of the weather but it regains a connection as soon as it clears a bit. Not like before. Once it went out I’d have to reboot it. Hopefully it stays this way!