Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Not Disturb and alarms

Regular Vistor

Do Not Disturb and alarms

Forgive me if this is covered, I searched and couldn't find anything. When I sleep I turn my iPhone to DND, I woke up to quite a few high temp alarms. Is there a way to set Apex notifications to come through? I looked in the phone and Googled.

NSI Member
    I assume you have the alerts coming in as SMS. If so, you'll need to add the sending number of the Fusion alerts to your contacts on your phone. Then set your DND to allow SMS from your contacts.

On a Samsung Note 8 it is under "Sound and Vibration", "Do Not Disturb", "Allow Exceptions". Select Custom and under "Messages from" select either Contact or Favorite Contacts. Other Android phones my have it in a different place.

If you have iPhone, I don't know if it has a similar setting.

Regular Vistor
    As I stated in the first post it’s an iPhone. Not messages, it’s notification from the Apex Fusion iOS application.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still would like to know the answer to this question. Not to revive a dead thread but google thinks it’s an important reference to the question.

Apple is stupid and doesn't allow app exceptions like android does. The only thing you can do is to to allow an exception for [email protected], which will allow the SMS message to pass through but there is nothing you can do for the app.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alright thanks. And this works even though the SMS numbers are randomizes and don’t include that email address as far as I can see? Or did you mean email notifications which I am not familiar with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aaronfelt View Post
    Alright thanks. And this works even though the SMS numbers are randomizes and don’t include that email address as far as I can see? Or did you mean email notifications which I am not familiar with?

You might be SOL Then if your fusion messages don't come from that. I use Verizon and all of my fusion messages come from that email address rather than the SMS codes. You might be able to work around this by setting your notification up as an email to your SMS numbers equivalent email address rather than using the text option but I don't know if that will fix it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You might be able to work around this by setting your notification up as an email to your SMS numbers equivalent email address rather than using the text option but I don't know if that will fix it for you.

That’s a great idea. I’ll try that.

This didn’t work. Fusion is too smart and changes your [email protected] entries from email to the carrier you entered. I can’t be the first apple user to want notifications at night. Do you guys just stop using Do Not Disturb or do you just go 8 hours without notifications on your Apex every day? I’ve even been weighing buying a cheap android to keep bedside and leaving it only set up with Apex.

As this is still unsolved for me, this leaves my Apex as dead to me from 9 PM-7AM. What options are there that people use to get notified by your Apex when your phone is in do not disturb. I’m willing to use other methods. I’ve considered taking an old phone and setting it up in my room with only the Fusion app installed and no do not disturb. How about klaxons of any sort? My bed is many rooms and doors removed from my tank. Could likely not hear a smoke detector go off scarily...

Bump?

Is there some particular reason that you're using SMS rather than push notifications via the app?

I use both as well as email. None of them get through do not disturb mode. My cell provider doesn’t receive the notifications from the same SMS number to be able to add it to favorites and get it through iOS Do Not Disturb.

Former User
    Same problem here in the UK - there has to be a solution to this. I share your frustrations.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronfelt View Post
    I use both as well as email. None of them get through do not disturb mode. My cell provider doesn’t receive the notifications from the same SMS number to be able to add it to favorites and get it through iOS Do Not Disturb.

Regular Vistor
    I'm interested as well. Need some form to get through Do Not Disturb. Running Android here.

Regular Vistor
    Did you come up with a solution?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeHouseTank View Post
    Did you come up with a solution?
    I'm not OP, but I figured it out on Android. I allow "Favorite" contacts to bypass DND, and created a contact for APEX Fusion alerts. Hope that helps.

Regular Vistor
    I was more asking about the text msgs arriving from "sequential senders" on AT&T.

The DND was worked out.

However, It seems that a tankers set up might be a bit too marginal, if it can't go unattended for half a day...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHouseTank View Post
    I was more asking about the text msgs arriving from "sequential senders" on AT&T.

The DND was worked out.

However, It seems that a tankers set up might be a bit too marginal, if it can't go unattended for half a day...IMHO
    No I have not found a solution but oddly enough happened to be setting up a dedicated old iPhone to be used as my smart device alarm which never goes on do not disturb.

Regular Vistor
    My device is a iPhone 11 using Verizon and Fusion alerts come through during Do Not Disturb.

First I have my Fusion email and text me for alarms. To get them during DND: once you get a text from Fusion, add Fusion to your contacts with the email set to [email protected]. In Contacts also select the text tone option. Choose the tone you want but, you must scroll all the way to the top of the text tone options and you will see 'Emergency Bypass'. Enable this to get messages come through from Fusion even if your Do Not Disturb is on. I also add Fusion to My Favorites in Contacts.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you! Very useful.

New User
    On my iPhone, I add Apex to my favorites which bypasses my DND settings. Add Apex to favorites using the following syntax:

1 (410) 100-****

New User
    I read through this after an overnight issue in which I also didn't get any notifications because of do not disturb. I use ATT and an iPhone 12. As the previous ATT posters suggested, the SMS notifications from APEX come from a variety of numbers (from a quick series of tests, the numbers appear to be of the syntax 1410-*00-***). I understand how I can setup a contact in my iPhone to bypass the do not disturb feature at night, however, I can't figure out how to do this since the phone numbers from which these alerts originates changes each time. I also tried entering an email address in APEX to send a text message to ATT, but APEX converts it to a SMS number as aaronfelt already indicated. Can anyone help who has figured this out with ATT and an iPhone?

New User
    Add 1 (410) 100-**** to your favorites then hit the information circle ⭕️ on the right and enable emergency bypass66951CAD-982E-4837-8949-8A42EDBD9BD8.jpg66951CAD-982E-4837-8949-8A42EDBD9BD8.jpg

New User
    Thank you for the reply Daarkcloud--can you confirm that you use ATT? I had tried your suggestion in the previous post without success. I created the contact as you had suggested and my texts from APEX are not recognized as the contact created. I don't understand why this would work for you and not me--maybe I'm doing something different. I also tried creating multiple APEX contacts since I receive texts not only from 1410100-***, but also from 1410200-***. I'm not sure from this thread that anyone using an iPhone and ATT has gotten this to work other than using a separate dedicated phone for nighttime texts. IMG_7066.jpgIMG_7067.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast