Thread: Do Not Disturb and alarms

Regular Vistor

Do Not Disturb and alarms

Forgive me if this is covered, I searched and couldn't find anything. When I sleep I turn my iPhone to DND, I woke up to quite a few high temp alarms. Is there a way to set Apex notifications to come through? I looked in the phone and Googled.

NSI Member
    I assume you have the alerts coming in as SMS. If so, you'll need to add the sending number of the Fusion alerts to your contacts on your phone. Then set your DND to allow SMS from your contacts.

On a Samsung Note 8 it is under "Sound and Vibration", "Do Not Disturb", "Allow Exceptions". Select Custom and under "Messages from" select either Contact or Favorite Contacts. Other Android phones my have it in a different place.

If you have iPhone, I don't know if it has a similar setting.

Regular Vistor
    As I stated in the first post itís an iPhone. Not messages, itís notification from the Apex Fusion iOS application.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still would like to know the answer to this question. Not to revive a dead thread but google thinks itís an important reference to the question.

Apple is stupid and doesn't allow app exceptions like android does. The only thing you can do is to to allow an exception for [email protected], which will allow the SMS message to pass through but there is nothing you can do for the app.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alright thanks. And this works even though the SMS numbers are randomizes and donít include that email address as far as I can see? Or did you mean email notifications which I am not familiar with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aaronfelt View Post
    Alright thanks. And this works even though the SMS numbers are randomizes and donít include that email address as far as I can see? Or did you mean email notifications which I am not familiar with?

You might be SOL Then if your fusion messages don't come from that. I use Verizon and all of my fusion messages come from that email address rather than the SMS codes. You might be able to work around this by setting your notification up as an email to your SMS numbers equivalent email address rather than using the text option but I don't know if that will fix it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You might be able to work around this by setting your notification up as an email to your SMS numbers equivalent email address rather than using the text option but I don't know if that will fix it for you.

Thatís a great idea. Iíll try that.

This didnít work. Fusion is too smart and changes your [email protected] entries from email to the carrier you entered. I canít be the first apple user to want notifications at night. Do you guys just stop using Do Not Disturb or do you just go 8 hours without notifications on your Apex every day? Iíve even been weighing buying a cheap android to keep bedside and leaving it only set up with Apex.