Thread: Anyway to program a delayed reboot

Frequent Visitor

Anyway to program a delayed reboot

I'm trying to work around a issue with my apex classic not rebooting properly with 4.52 firmware. In order to boot up successfully the LAN cable must be disconnected. Is there a way to program a delayed boot up? I've been trying to program a outlet with a game adapter so when I reboot apex it turns off the outlet and is delayed before turning back on. Its frustrating the EB8 won't fallback to a off state needs to be on a UPS so the game adapter remains on during power outages. The outlet doesn't turn off or on until the apex boots up first. So any ideas?

You are making this waaay too complicated. Just set the apex with a static ip instead of DHCP and that will likely solve the problem. If it doesn't, get a different adaptor such as the nether WiFi extender with built in Ethernet port. I have one that's been bulletproof since 2013.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You are making this waaay too complicated. Just set the apex with a static ip instead of DHCP and that will likely solve the problem. If it doesn't, get a different adaptor such as the nether WiFi extender with built in Ethernet port. I have one that's been bulletproof since 2013.

That's what I have configured a static IP. It doesn't matter if its hardwired, wifi, static IP or DHCP it does the same thing locks solid unless i remove the lan cable. I have a 2nd apex classic and with a backup restored from 1st apex it has the same identical problem.

Frequent Visitor
    What does the outlet programming have to do with network settings? If I clear all memory it works fine. If I restore everything but the outlet programming it works. If I restore only outlet programming if fails reboot. What I don't understand is when I restore just the OUTLET PROGRAMMING after a full memory wipe the network settings are also restored accept user&password? Why is this when only outlet programming is the only checked item?

Quote Originally Posted by yetman View Post
    What does the outlet programming have to do with network settings? If I clear all memory it works fine. If I restore everything but the outlet programming it works. If I restore only outlet programming if fails reboot. What I don't understand is when I restore just the OUTLET PROGRAMMING after a full memory wipe the network settings are also restored accept user&password? Why is this when only outlet programming is the only checked item?
    I had a very similar problem a couple days ago. It was a corrupted outlet configuration. The only resolution for me was to use the "reset firmware" you can get from support, then do an initialize all, then update to latest firmware and webpages, then reprogram from scratch (I copies all code and made plenty of screenshots for profiles, season table etc, into a word document to save time).

for this issue, probably you resolve updating the BOOTLOADER of the apex. Its possibile using apex display only, you can find the specific command. Then you run, no message or confirmation is obtained, only the display will go blank for 1-2 seconds.

I had the same problem, resolved updating the bootloader.

Frequent Visitor
    I had a very similar problem a couple days ago. It was a corrupted outlet configuration. The only resolution for me was to use the "reset firmware" you can get from support, then do an initialize all, then update to latest firmware and webpages, then reprogram from scratch (I copies all code and made plenty of screenshots for profiles, season table etc, into a word document to save time).

Just trying different things on my backup unit. If I switch all outlets to the off position the apex reboots normally. So theoretically now I should be able to isolate which one is causing it by switching it back to on right? I have 100 virtual and outlet programs running this is going to take some time.

Frequent Visitor
    I've had this issue too. It started with a ton of random disconnects then wouldn't connect after reboot unless the network cable was disconnected on reboot.
    Was found to have a corruption in the base unit through a support ticket.

Reset, init all, reflash firmware and webpages.
    I always like to init all twice and reflash twice in that order. Makes sure all memory address are cleared and rewritten... comes from my phone rom flashing days... you cannot use your backup to restore either. It will just reintroduce the corruption.

It's a pita but it will work. Just print your summary from Fusion to pdf. Makes cutting and pasting much easier. You will lose all history in Fusion though, graphs, charts and logged measurements go bye bye unless I missed something when I did it. The ability to adopt data isn't available with Classic.

The unit has been working flawlessly since I did that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just trying different things on my backup unit. If I switch all outlets to the off position the apex reboots normally. So theoretically now I should be able to isolate which one is causing it by switching it back to on right? I have 100 virtual and outlet programs running this is going to take some time.
    It might not work and the amount of time involved trying to find the corrupted areas will be longer than just starting from scratch. Just save your configuration summary, then get it prepped using the procedure I gave above. Create and name all your virtual outlets and name your profiles and switches, then just copy paste everything over. This way you can be assured all corruption is gone.

Frequent Visitor
    It might not work and the amount of time involved trying to find the corrupted areas will be longer than just starting from scratch. Just save your configuration summary, then get it prepped using the procedure I gave above. Create and name all your virtual outlets and name your profiles and switches, then just copy paste everything over. This way you can be assured all corruption is gone.

Well I went through the process and did find the issue. Its either one of the three outlets (SNDWRN, SNDALM or EMAILALM) When I turned all three to the off position the apex rebooted normally. Its a lot easier to switch those three outlets to OFF than to reprogram 97 outlets if a reboot is needed. DONE

Frequent Visitor
    Well I went through the process and did find the issue. Its either one of the three outlets (SNDWRN, SNDALM or EMAILALM) When I turned all three to the off position the apex rebooted normally. Its a lot easier to switch those three outlets to OFF than to reprogram 97 outlets if a reboot is needed. DONE
    Good job finding it!
    I never use the sound warning/alarm.

Try clearing the all code in the email and reboot with it on auto and see if you still have an issue.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
    Good job finding it!
    I never use the sound warning/alarm.

Try clearing the all code in the email and reboot with it on auto and see if you still have an issue.

Ok so I tried that cleared all programming, rebooted, reprogrammed and only one worked the email outlet. The other two wrn/alm still have to be in the off position. Will try adding just single programming conditions next time for now this works.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok so I tried that cleared all programming, rebooted, reprogrammed and only one worked the email outlet. The other two wrn/alm still have to be in the off position. Will try adding just single programming conditions next time for now this works.
    Did you clear the programming in those other two?

Frequent Visitor
    Did you clear the programming in those other two?

Yes all three at once and left in the auto position system rebooted fine. Its when I pasted the programming back to the WRN and ALM both failed the reboot.

Frequent Visitor
    Then there's something wrong with that code. Re-enter what you want back manually, don't cut and paste.

If it ends up working I'd still recommend you start a support ticket and have tech look and see if there's still corruption. Better safe than sorry...
    If they find a problem plan out a time to take the steps above and start from a clean slate. If you're planning to upgrade you might be able to hold off a bit cause you'll have to do it all then anyway. The difference it you can adopt the data from the current setup so you'll have the log history.

Frequent Visitor
    Then there's something wrong with that code. Re-enter what you want back manually, don't cut and paste.

If it ends up working I'd still recommend you start a support ticket and have tech look and see if there's still corruption. Better safe than sorry...
    If they find a problem plan out a time to take the steps above and start from a clean slate. If you're planning to upgrade you might be able to hold off a bit cause you'll have to do it all then anyway. The difference it you can adopt the data from the current setup so you'll have the log history.

Ok, thank you for all the help