Thread: PMUP Issues

Regular Vistor

PMUP Issues

I just read about 20 pages in the forums and most are about PMUP failures I just ordered 2 for a project im working on as I figured APEX pumps would be more reliable then the ones I found on Amazon for the same price and I would be able to use APEX for power and control.. Im now getting a little worried about using these pumps..... Thoughts?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by david.vondrasek View Post
    I just read about 20 pages in the forums and most are about PMUP failures I just ordered 2 for a project im working on as I figured APEX pumps would be more reliable then the ones I found on Amazon for the same price and I would be able to use APEX for power and control.. Im now getting a little worried about using these pumps..... Thoughts?
    I love the way they plug into my 1Links, etc. I love the size and the way they fit into the standard 5 gallon containers. BUT. I just lost another one. I have lost four PMUPs and none of them have been full duty pumps. They were not sitting in Kalk. I only have one that sits in saltwater full time. I wish Neptune would solve the quality problem or lots of us will be moving on to another solution.

NSI Member
    The other thing I discovered is that a PMUP failure can stop everything else that is plugged into the EB832's 24v/1Link ports. You probably already read my thread on that. For now I've switched back to a maxijet for my carbon canister. If there is ever a revision to the PMUP I'd give it another try as I like the format and the integration with Apex.

NSI Member
    Maybe I have been lucky, but I have had 3 PMUP pumps running on 3 separate ATK for a year with zero issues. I only use them in fresh RODI and I keep a tight lid on the reservoirs. No salt, so that my be the reason they are working as expected.

Don