Thread: Various Alarm questions, frequency, amount, etc.

18yrs 300 DD

Various Alarm questions, frequency, amount, etc.

I'm looking for a work around to a few alarm related questions.

1) I've got alarms I only want to be notified of once such as my Avast Simmer Locker being full. I don't need hourly updates of this. With some other help I creating two virtual outlets to try and snuff this out but haven't tested yet so let me know if this looks wrong.
    [Locker_Alarm]
    Set OFF
    If Locker OPEN Then ON
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

[Locker_Full]
    Set OFF
    If Locker OPEN Then ON
    If Output Locker-long = ON Then OFF

Then under alarm replace the locker line with
    If Output Locker_Full = ON Then ON

2) How do I prevent an alarm from sounding in the middle of the night that isn't actually urgent? Again the Skimmer locker. I've changed my phone to assign an especially loud alarm to my Apex notifications and to by-pass my do not disturb which now posses a problem. Is there a line of code I can add to the above to accomplish this? I suspect it's one or the other because if it defers from say 12am to 7am that's obviously more then the 5min defer I currently have on the virtual outlet.

3) Despite my especially loud notification I don't always catch it the first time and for things like the leak detection I'd like it to go off very frequently. Wondering if there is a way to do this using a virtual outlet instead of adjusting my default notifications from 60min to say 10min since that would pose a problem to all my other alarms like pH. Perhaps trick it using a virtual outlet and some sort of 10min defer to make it think there is a new alarm.

You need to use if time statements and ordering to decide what you can be alerted of during certain hours. Like this

Email
    Set OFF
    (Low priority alarms you don't want during work)
    If Time 08:00 to 17:00 Then OFF
    (Medium priority you want during work but not at night)
    If Time 23:00 to 06:00 Then OFF
    (High priority alarm)

Note any alarm that only alerts once also needs these if time statements or it may not ever sound.

You can force extra alarms on the leak like this, which will alert every 10 minutes

Leak
    OSC 000:00/009:00/001:00 Then ON
    If Leak1 OPEN Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

18yrs 300 DD
    That is extremely helpful!

Ok I think I got that for the most part.
    To clarify on the time stamps to silence alarms (dnd's), I presume that unlike Defer or Min Time that these are followed based on the order they are written in the code. Is that right?

If they are to be listed in an order relative to the dnd command line I need to clarify where. Also, do I need to list it individually for each or will all alarms (before or after) follow that one dnd command line?

Here are my current alarm settings:
    Set OFF
    If Leak_1 CLOSED Then ON
    If Tmp > 80.0 Then ON
    If Tmp < 77.0 Then ON
    If Output Locker_Full = ON Then ON
    If Time 20:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
    If ORP < 250 Then ON
    If Time 20:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:30 Then OFF

All alarms are deferred 30sec, my dnd is listed after each alarm it's related to.

I did not put in the code for the leak alarm because I wasn't sure if it could be with this master list of alarms or if it needed to be tied to a virtual outlet. Also can you please break down what "OSC 000:00/009:00/001:00 Then ON" all is, I'm hoping to become more mindful about what I'm doing vs copy and paste.

Thanks!

The do not disturb time statements apply to everything above it in the code. The highest priority should be last in the code. The apex evaluates programming from top to bottom where the last true statement wins.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.