Thread: Who (really) use SV-1 for RODI monitoring ?

New User

Question Who (really) use SV-1 for RODI monitoring ?

Hi all,

Following my last post regarding SV-1 leaking, I'm still messaging with support team (very reactive)...

For my own understanding, I opened one of my 3 (leaking) SV-1 and I think that this very cheap/light/fragile equipment cannot work without problem... except for air (CO2, O3).

Is someone here using SV-1 for RODI monitoring and is happy with it ?

Regards,
    Lilian

NSI Member
    I use 3 of them and none leak at all. I use 1 to fill my main DT top off reservoir, 1 to fill my salt mixing reservoir, and 1 to fill my QT system top off reservoir. All have worked without fail. I switched away from 120v actuated solenoids to save some outlets on energy bars!

Don

Frequent Visitor
    Lilian, I'm not sure I follow your post. Are you saying they are leaking on you with water but you think they will be good with co2 and oxygen?

If its leaking with a liquid it will surely leak much worse with a gas.

With push to fit fitting you want a good clean cut with no loose edges at the cut on the tubing. Then make sure the tubing gets inserted completely into the fitting. If it leaks after that there's a bad or damaged set of o-rings in the fitting.

New User
    Hi !

Thank you for answering.

Maybe I'm not lucky but all 3 of my SV-1 are leaking. I tested fitting, ordered a new SV-1 and even bought a 24V solenoid from another manufacturer. The other manufacturer solenoid is working well. My opinion is that they are not strong enough to shut off properly (spiral spring and electro-magnet). The difference of noise when opening between the 2 valves is significant (the Neptune and the other one). SV-1 work better with CO2 maybe because the pressure is lower than RODI line out.

When SV-1 are dry and closed with no water flow, I can start my RODI, they will stay closed without leaking, but, when the RODI line is flowing they cannot switch off without leaking.

Regards,
    Lilian

Frequent Visitor
    I misunderstood you. I thought you meant they were leaking externally from the solenoid, not letting water past them internally. While I dont have these I am thinking about it. I'm using three different ones and my water is pretty high, about 100 psi going into my ro unit and 80ish after the prefilters.

What is your supply pressure?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk