Thread: Can’t get WAV pumps to come back online after maintenance, display screen blank...

New User

Can’t get WAV pumps to come back online after maintenance, display screen blank...

Hello, and thanks in advance to all that are taking the time to read this post, I appreciate your help and time!

So, will try to keep this as to the point, and brief as possible. Weekend before last (so about eight days ago), I did my normal water change/mainenance routine on my tank which includes going into Fusion and moving the sliders on my three WAV pumps, skimmer, return pump, and ATO to “off”. After I completed my maintenance, and moving sliders back from “off” to either “Auto” or “On” I noticed that two of my three WAV pumps were not coming back on. Looking at Fusion, it shows the pumps are in “Auto” as they should be, and its shows them ramped up to the appropriate % as per their programming:

119CE822-F417-4C00-8635-A30016A2A8DE.jpg

However, the dashboard screen clearly shows that the pumps are not on:

0E4ABCC4-439E-46D4-973B-6107636AD6E1.jpg

I pulled the pumps to make sure everything was clean, and all was good (had just cleaned the pumps the weekend before). Did notice that the status light on my 1Link module was off. Strange because one of the three WAV pumps was still on, and working as normal. Tried the usual of disconnecting the 1Link module for a minute, but nothing. At this point I figured that the status lamp on the 1Link was telling the story, so I grit my teeth and ordered a new module. This showed up on Friday, and I was able to swap it out, but other than the status light now showing green, still nothing with the two pumps...

I went ahead and using the main display box module (not fusion) I tried to update the WAV pump modules thinking they had to be reset, but all that happened as a result is that the display went blank (but still illuminated). After a few hours I was able to “wake up” the display by hitting the home button, and it did say “updating...”, before going totally blank. I unplugged this as well, and waiting a few minutes before plugging back in, but still nothing. So, now I’m a bit lost as far as what to do next. Everything else is working as it should: return pump, skimmer, etc are still working. Fusion is still working.
    I feel I need to reboot something, but I’m a little afraid to unless it is necessary (at least some of the equipment is still working).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can’t believe that two of the three WAV pumps would just die at the exact same time just because I turned them off for maintenance? As I mentioned, I pull these pumps every six weeks and soak them in diluted white vinegar to make sure no deposits build up, and they are in great shape.

My money is on an aquabus comms conflict (can be resolved my making sure everything is up to date on firmware) or corruption (support can check this for you).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.