Thread: Brnad new 2016 Apex not powering up

New User

Brnad new 2016 Apex not powering up

Hi,
    I received my new Apex system and have been trying to set it up. I have followed the "getting started" to a T but I still have an issue. I have plugged in the base unit to the 832 with the supplied cable as instructed. Once I plug in the 832 to the wall socket the apex logo on the 832 flashes orange which it is supposed to do (I believe) as it looks for the base unit. However, there is no blue light on the base unit indicating it's in WiFi mode. In fact there doesn't seem to be any power at all. I pushed the rest button on the base unit as well but still nothing. I have opened a support ticket already but wondering if anyone has run into the same issue? Is my base unit DOA? I really hope not as I don't want to go through a looong RMA process.....

Thanks,
    Eric

If the base unit is setup and configured correctly the Neptune logo should be orange. It's only blue if it is in WiFi setup mode which it should not be in if you completed the "getting Started" steps.

The Base unit should not change color when you plug in the EB832. The Status light on the EB832 should flash orange for a couple seconds and then go solid orange.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    If the base unit is setup and configured correctly the Neptune logo should be orange. It's only blue if it is in WiFi setup mode which it should not be in if you completed the "getting Started" steps.

The Base unit should not change color when you plug in the EB832. The Status light on the EB832 should flash orange for a couple seconds and then go solid orange.
    Thanks for the reply. The EB832 keeps blinking orange. It will not go solid at all.

NSI Member
    Do you have another USB A-A cable you could try? It is possible it is just a faulty cable. Also be sure to re-seat the connection on each end and try all USB connections to rule out a faulty connector.

Don

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmartinpc View Post
    Do you have another USB A-A cable you could try? It is possible it is just a faulty cable. Also be sure to re-seat the connection on each end and try all USB connections to rule out a faulty connector.

Don
    Thanks for the reply Don. Yep i tried that too.. took a cable from my Apex classic and same result. I sent a note to Apex support and they are asking me to find a power supply 12V DC. I don't have one and not going to buy one. This is brand new out of the box so I hope the RMA it for me instead of sending me around in circles.

The 12V dc is to check which one it is faulty the unit or the 832.

The 12v dc supply can be used later on for power failure mods

NSI Member
    I just had another quick thought have you tried the new Apex 2016 plugged in to one of your old power bars, EB8 or EB4? That would help narrow it down to the power bar or the head unit. Also try your old head unit on the EB832.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dcmartinpc View Post
    Also try your old head unit on the EB832.
    That won't work. The EB832 isn't compatible with a classic.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That won't work. The EB832 isn't compatible with a classic.
    True, but for the purpose of simply seeing if the EB832 will power up the Classic base or not, it is definitely a valid test to see if the EB832 is outputting by Aquabus power in order to determine if the issue is with the new Apex or with the EB832. It would only take a few seconds of the two being connected to tell.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.