Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911!!!!! EB832 Outlets not showing up

Regular Vistor

911!!!!! EB832 Outlets not showing up

Hopefully there is someone here who can help me this late....

We got a new internet provider, so i went through the process of trying to connect my my apex to the new wifi...... all down hill from here.....

after several attempts i ended up factory resetting the apex. back to square one... like back to the neptunesystems/getstarted page....i got the wifi working which is great however now the apex is not registering either of my EB832's .... it is however showing my two wav pumps which is weird but no outlets.... its dang near 10pm here and i have a fully loaded tank that i needs to get back up and running... any assistance would be great

thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

should note that i have read a bunch of thread and tried everything i have read.... i cannot do a module firmware up date because the eb832's are not being recognized ... and unplugging them from the wall is not working either.

NSI Member
    Have you tried looking in the modules section to see if they are showing up there? I would try to push a firmware update to them from there. After that, click the orange lock in the top right hand corner of the dashboard to make sure the outlets aren’t just hiding up there.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    and no they are not in the locked tab on the top

I would unplug one of the EB832 and factory reset again with just the one plugged in and see if that helps.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    apex failure.jpg

They are not showing up on the modules section so cannot push the firmware update... is there some other way to push this update?

- - - Updated - - -

ill try that and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would unplug one of the EB832 and factory reset again with just the one plugged in and see if that helps.

NSI Member
    Are the wavs on a 1 link module or the eb832s?

Have you tried with a single eb832 connected and nothing else?

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor
    Also make sure that the WAVs are unplugged from the EB832.
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    The Apex would have run fine without an internet connection. Asking for help before doing a full reset would have save you a lot of time. What's done is done, but if something like this happens again ask 1st before a full wipe.

Where do you stand now, have you got it to show up?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor

Thanks Zombie this helped get me one of the EB832's back on line.... still cant figure out the other one

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
    The Apex would have run fine without an internet connection. Asking for help before doing a full reset would have save you a lot of time. What's done is done, but if something like this happens again ask 1st before a full wipe.

Where do you stand now, have you got it to show up?

story of my life..... i tend to think " i can do this" ... wife is always telling me to stop and ask for directions.... i know it would have worked with no internet connection however i wouldnt have been able to control anything without dashboard access...

i got it to register one powerbar but not the other... still trying to figure that one out

Just go slow one module at a time (like JonMos Mentioned, Unplug The WAVs too until the EB832 takes). If it fails, delete the module (if it was even added) unplug for 30 seconds the plug back in.

Regular Vistor
    Just go slow one module at a time (like JonMos Mentioned, Unplug The WAVs too until the EB832 takes). If it fails, delete the module (if it was even added) unplug for 30 seconds the plug back in.

im confused at your advice .... it took one of the eb832's are you saying delete it and do the factory reset again to get it to take the second one? .... i removed the WAV's from the 832' before i did the last factory update... apex update.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kannon50 View Post
    im confused at your advice .... it took one of the eb832's are you saying delete it and do the factory reset again to get it to take the second one? .... i removed the WAV's from the 832' before i did the last factory update... apex update.jpg
    No. I'm saying when you plug the second one in, if it recognizes the second one in the modules page but the outlets are still missing, delete that second EB832 from the modules page unplug it and try again.

Frequent Visitor
    If you have a recent backup start from scratch. Just one eb and the base unit. Once that's done add each eb and module in the same order as they were before so the addresses match. Once that's straight restore the backup.

Regular Vistor
    If you have a recent backup start from scratch. Just one eb and the base unit. Once that's done add each eb and module in the same order as they were before so the addresses match. Once that's straight restore the backup.

10-4 got ya.... i appreciate your help i see your in GA and its dang near midnight there... your awesome. .... trying this now

Regular Vistor
    done this a couple times and now i cant get the 2nd eb832 to stop blinking.... its blinking rapidly ?

No. I'm saying when you plug the second one in, if it recognizes the second one in the modules page but the outlets are still missing, delete that second EB832 from the modules page unplug it and try again.

Frequent Visitor
    Have you deleted that eb from the module list after disconnecting it? If so do another init all and after reboot update the firmware on the base. Then update the firmware on each module as you add it.

Actually before you do that shut the while thing down disconnect the working eb and connect the other one and power it back up. If that works try connecting the 1st one and see if it connects correctly. If that fails then try what I said above.

Good luck, I've gotta crash.

Frequent Visitor
    Oh, if you have to go nbn the init all route. Do the init twice back to back. It'll be sure all the Eprom memory addresses get cleared. Then flash firmware twice back to back. Eproms can be finniky sometimes. This helps do a clean rewrite.

Regular Vistor
    Have you deleted that eb from the module list after disconnecting it? If so do another init all and after reboot update the firmware on the base. Then update the firmware on each module as you add it.

i didnt delete that eb before i did the initial factory reset, not sure that piece of information matters, this eb hasnt shown up on the modules list since the reset.

Actually before you do that shut the while thing down disconnect the working eb and connect the other one and power it back up. If that works try connecting the 1st one and see if it connects correctly. If that fails then try what I said above.

i will try this next, see if i can get it to work this way... im not sure tho because i cannot get the main light to stop flashing orange (really fast blinking) nor do the little outlet light come on

Oh, if you have to go nbn the init all route. Do the init twice back to back. It'll be sure all the Eprom memory addresses get cleared. Then flash firmware twice back to back. Eproms can be finniky sometimes. This helps do a clean rewrite.

what does nbn and init all mean?

thank you all for your help! i have got the main equipment running life support style off the one EB832 that i was able to get connected with yalls help. I will get back at it tomorrow and see what i can manage to figure out.

again i greatly appreciate all your help with this!!!!

Regular Vistor

i didnt delete that eb before i did the initial factory reset, not sure that piece of information matters, this eb hasnt shown up on the modules list since the reset.i will try this next, see if i can get it to work this way... im not sure tho because i cannot get the main light to stop flashing orange (really fast blinking) nor do the little outlet light come on

- - - Updated - - -

what does nbn and init all mean?.... might have to PM you on how this clean reright works

Frequent Visitor
    How did you make out last night?

Regular Vistor
    Got it all figured out not..... I disconnected the eb832(#1) that i got working in reset the brain with the eb832(#2) that wasnt connecting updated the firmwares then removed the Eb832 #2 from the modules list and powered everything down and then connected everything back and they both showed up on my modules list... i updated the firmware once again for safe measure and then plugged in the wav pumps and once i updated the firmware for those i was g2g. everything is programmed back to the original way it was prior to me screwing it all up.

thank you guys for your guidance i really appreciate it, my 750xxl and all those $5 acro colonies are happy happy happy

Regular Vistor
    Hate to drag this thread up again but i dont want to make the same mistake i did last time.

Power went out over here and my apex has lost fusion communication.

I tapped the lil button to reset it and end up staying blue after wards.

Any advice here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kannon50 View Post
    Hate to drag this thread up again but i dont want to make the same mistake i did last time.

Power went out over here and my apex has lost fusion communication.

I tapped the lil button to reset it and end up staying blue after wards.

Any advice here?

Blue means it's in hotspot mode like when you first get the unit and that happens if you press the reset button long enough. You will need to follow the getting started guide to get it connected back to your wifi.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Blue means it's in hotspot mode like when you first get the unit and that happens if you press the reset button long enough. You will need to follow the getting started guide to get it connected back to your wifi.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It came home to it being blue after the power outtage.

So.... going back to the getting started guide will that wipe out all my configurations and settings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast