Thread: Buying two DOS

New User

Buying two DOS

I have the new Apex controller, I’m adding two DOS modules. Ordered them yesterday and should have them by the end of the week. When I receive them will they come with their own power supply? Or can I connect them to the system with just a bus cable? Will I need a 1link module?

Frequent Visitor
    Hello,

you have two options.
    Either connect to 1link port and you don't need external power supply or aquabus cable (you need to purchase the cables separately)

Or

You can connect the individual provided power supplies and the provided aquabus cables to an aquabus port without the need of 1Link!

All the best,
    Rui

New User
    Good morning Rui, thanks for the reply. If I go with your first option which cables do I need to purchase separately?

Frequent Visitor
    You can use 1link cables. They are male to male cables with a molex connector on each end. They most likely can be purchased at the same place you ordered your DOS units.

Check this page out for help:

https://www.neptunesystems.com/cables/

New User
    Thanks guys I will be receiving my package tomorrow will definitely order the two cables to hook up directly to the power strip.

New User
    Ok they arrived, and installed them on the wall next to the tank. I ran the tubing and plugged everything up to the 2016 Apex through use of an aquabus and power sources until my 1link wires arrive Monday. I am wondering how do I calibrate them? The instruction manual doesn’t say how to do it on the new Apex controller. Only mentions the display or traditional interface. Please help!

thanks

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myelos70 View Post
    Ok they arrived, and installed them on the wall next to the tank. I ran the tubing and plugged everything up to the 2016 Apex through use of an aquabus and power sources until my 1link wires arrive Monday. I am wondering how do I calibrate them? The instruction manual doesn’t say how to do it on the new Apex controller. Only mentions the display or traditional interface. Please help!

thanks
    Via the module setup page, click on the DOS you want to calibrate and under the action tab select "configure".

Capture.PNG
    Chad

New User
    Where do I find the module setup page on Fusion? Like I said just got it, first time Neptune Apex user.

Thanks

Click the icon that looks kinda like a module. If you hit the 3 bars on the upper right it will show all of them with names and if you hover over any icon it will display the name.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

If it's still confusing, from Fusion, see the grey block icons at the upper left. Click this one. Clipboard01.jpg That will open up a few more. Then click this one. Clipboard02.jpg That's the Modules page. Then just open the DOS module and proceed as Chad shows above.

(Personally I would love it if Fusion were changed to show all the available icons all the time. It's confusing for many. Also, I use some of the 'extra' ones far more often than some of the always displayed ones. A quibble, but it would also be nice if they went straight across the page when there's room as in a desktop web browser, instead of automatically onto a second line.)

New User
    Awesome, found it. I calibrated them and set them up. It was nice and easy to do, I’m really liking my Apex. Took longer to find out how to do it than the actual calibrating, lol

Thanks everyone

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah, I really like the calibration wizard. How easy is that to do!? lol

Keep an eye out for bubbles in the lines, many DOS users (myself included) have had lots of issues with air being pulled into the lines from the input side nozzle. So try to use the included hose, dip the ends in hot water before you fit them.