Thread: Apex seemed to freeze - then all outlet and programming gone

New User

Apex seemed to freeze - then all outlet and programming gone

I have an apex classic gold purchased about 3 years ago. I have never had any problems with this system; it has always performed as expected.

Until last night - I realized about 30 minutes after my display lights were supposed to go off, that they were still on. I checked all the Apex components and all still had green status lights, but control of any outlet through fusion or the base unit display did nothing. I went into Net Setup and performed a system restart and after everything booted back up, I now no longer have any of my outlets to control in either the Base Unit display or in fusion; they just aren't there anymore. They only things that came back were my 4 Var Speed outlets that seem to have also reprogrammed themselves to one of the many profiles that used to be setup within the code for each var speed outlet. All my probes seems to still be working and all my graph tiles are still visible in fusion. Not knowing where else to go from here, I unplugged the system from the wall outlet and let it sit for a moment. When I plugged it back in, my cabinet lights and refuge light came back on and I thought I was in the clear, for about 10 seconds. Everything went back out and still no outlets visible in either Fusion or on the Base unit. After everything goes through it startup sequence, the lights on all the Apex components still turn green as if they are good to go. I am at a loss. It almost seems like, for some reason, the entire system reset itself. The odd thing is although all of my outlets are gone but the 4 var speed and 3 alarms (email, audio alarm and audio warning) all of my profiles are still there and the system still sees my breakout box as well.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. If you think I left out any details, I will be happy to fill in any gaps.

Oh, additionally, I checked the apex status through the base unit display and it says the status is okay. I also checked the status of the modules and it states all modules, including the EB8 are okay as well.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

You need to initialize all, update your firmware, do another initialize all with all modules unplugged except an energy bar, and then reprogram from scratch. Something got corrupted there. Contact support if that doesn't fix it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Okay sounds good - thanks for your help. Hopefully it all come back! I will try this when I get home from work today.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You need to initialize all, update your firmware, do another initialize all with all modules unplugged except an energy bar, and then reprogram from scratch. Something got corrupted there. Contact support if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks Zombie. I initialized just the aquabus and everything came back! Do you think I should still init all? Really not looking forward to reprogramming everything but if that’s what I have to do, no better time to fix all the things I wish I did differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would. Behavior like that is a warning sign that something ain't right with the firmware of configuration.