Thread: 1/4" flow meter ro/di rate seems wrong FMM

Regular Vistor

1/4" flow meter ro/di rate seems wrong FMM

I have two 1/4" flow meters on my ro/di system one on the product output and one on the waste output. I am getting 2.8gph on the flow meter for the product water, but my reservoir (from an empty state) filled 16 gallons in about 3 hours (8:28pm to 11:15pm) which would put it at about 5.3gph (5.3 would be more in line with the ro/di rated output of 100gpd). Is it simply a matter of the sensor not having enough water flow through it at speed fast enough to register correctly?

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, I would think so. The 1/4" meter can read between 3-12 GPH.

Regular Vistor
    Any updates on this one. I am having some issues. The flow meter is not reading the rodi .. perhaps it is simply that it can really read accurately 50 gallons per day.. need a min of 75 gallons per day..
    And if so.. is there a way to chart.. that way can keep track of gallons produced by a new ro membrane?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    Any updates on this one. I am having some issues. The flow meter is not reading the rodi .. perhaps it is simply that it can really read accurately 50 gallons per day.. need a min of 75 gallons per day..
    And if so.. is there a way to chart.. that way can keep track of gallons produced by a new ro membrane?
    It can't keep track of gallons produced and the reading is only really reliable for 100+ gpd membranes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk