Thread: Dos used for Water Change

New User

Dos used for Water Change

I just bought a second dos to do automatic water changes after my old peristaltic pumps tubing wore out. I have set it up for 5 gallons a day over a 4 hour period which was the minimum time it would allow for that volume. My questions are, why is the right head spinning backwards from the label for water change setup but runs the right direction if you try to prime the right side or use for dosing additives? Also, how long should I expect the tubing to last with my setup running 5 gallons a day at 4 hours constant running. Am I about to expect tubing failures every month?
    Thanks

The prime button only goes forward. That is why I never use remove and always use add.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I didnt use straight code, I used the task feature to setup the water change on the dos. If i write in code to add then it will spin the other way? Also can you answer my second question about the ware and tear of running the dos 4 hours a day and how long that the tubes will last with that use.

The slower you run it, The longer the tube life will be. Exactly how long the slowest speed vs the fastest speed will last I do not know, but if you do it over 24 hours instead of 4, they will last appreciably longer.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.