Thread: Air bubbles

New User

Air bubbles

I have 1 head that keeps getting air bubbles in the lines. Anyone ever deal with this and how did you fix it? I’ve changed the lines made sure they were seated right. Still have air bubbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Woonkie View Post
    I have 1 head that keeps getting air bubbles in the lines. Anyone ever deal with this and how did you fix it? I’ve changed the lines made sure they were seated right. Still have air bubbles.

Yes I've had the same problem. I changed that particular tubing to this....DR. Moss 1/4" airline tubing
    Found it on Amazon. Won't be able to use it from dos to ddr but from dos to tank works very well.

Where are you seeing the air bubbles?

If it's proximally, near the DDR, it may be leaking through the John Guess fittings. I had this happen, and even cutting the tubing perfectly square, reseating it, and adding fitting locks didn't solve it. What did solve it was encasing each fitting in silicone caulk. No more leak. Also, once hardened, the caulk can be removed cleanly and the fitting still functions normally.

If you see bubbles after the DOS only, it's probably leaking through the incoming pump connector. Re hand-tightening the nut may fix this. If you chose to re-do it, the end of the tubing has to be perfectly square and pushed all the way up onto the barb. Then hand tighten the fitting, and do it again the next day, and the day after that. Don't get overly aggressive; you should get maybe a 1/4 turn tighter each day. This has worked long term for me, although it's not permanent and eventually the tubing will thin so much that re-tightening won't fix it and it will need to be redone again.

Frequent Visitor
    Have a search, there's lots of users having this issue. It's a PITA, but can be reduced by using the original Neptune tubing and dipping the end in hot water before fitting to the nozzle.

Others have gone to extreme measures and fitted John Guest adaptors to the nozzles and run RO tubing instead.

New User
    I have air bubbles between DDR and DOS. Very disappointing in something that costs so much and is basically just a plastic jug.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I brought the TMC containers as the Neptune ones are insanely expensive but also experienced bubbles. Took the the John Guest fitting off, adding some plumbers tap and screwed back the fitting and never had the issue again. Not sure if it will work for the DDR but worth giving it a go

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfishy View Post
    I brought the TMC containers as the Neptune ones are insanely expensive but also experienced bubbles. Took the the John Guest fitting off, adding some plumbers tap and screwed back the fitting and never had the issue again. Not sure if it will work for the DDR but worth giving it a go
    Not sure if the fittings on the DDR unscrew but I'll look. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk