Thread: Apex jr not connecting to Fusion

New User

Apex jr not connecting to Fusion

So my Jr has stopped communicating with fusion. It’s very odd...

I have it set with a static IP, I can ping it from my computer on my network and can even log in through a web page.

When looking at it on the web page it just says Fusion comm error. Is there a way to request a new Token?

I’ve tried resetting it multiple times, checked ports on my router and could even connect outside my network with the port forwarding I have set up. I updated the firmware about a month ago and hadn’t had any issues until today. Orange and green light are on, and green status light is solid along with all other modules connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What are your DNS settings? I like to use the gateway as primary and Google as backup (8.8.8.8)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I’m using my router as the primary and nothing as secondary.

I would set a secondary and see if that helps. If not, I would suggest having support do a quick check to see that there isn't any corruption. I had a similar problem last week on my classic and it turned out that some of my configuration got corrupted and fusion was refusing the connection because it didn't understand it. Hopefully it's not that, but if it is, a full wipe and firmware update was required to fix mine.

New User
    That sounds wonderful... lol!

I added a secondary and still doing the same. Guess I’ll do a backup in the morning and get ready to wipe it out....

The firmware is the most current, but I guess that didn’t really matter.

Another thing you can try too is to temporarily disable your port forwarding and see if that does anything.

New User
    Honestly that was one of the first things I tried. I disabled Everything and had no firewalls at all. All ports were open on the router and this did nothing.

Reset the switches, router, apex....

Tried again and did nothing. Again I enabled everything back to my usual settings. And nothing... I again used my outside IP and port and can log in via a web page but Fusion dose nada...

I deleted my apex on Fusion and then realized that I can’t reset the Token on the Apex now. Any way to reset this?

If it says anything I have a second Apex on another tank, obviously different IP and slightly different port and it’s showing it’s connected to fusion. I could try and change the port but don’t really think that’s going to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1103 View Post
    I deleted my apex on Fusion and then realized that I can’t reset the Token on the Apex now. Any way to reset this?
    I disable fusion and fusion control in the classic dashboard, reboot, re-enable them and reboot again. Then the link tile should appear.

New User
    Cool, I’ll give this a go prior to wiping it clean and starting over.

Fingers crossed it’s something easy like this.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I disable fusion and fusion control in the classic dashboard, reboot, re-enable them and reboot again. Then the link tile should appear.

So tried this and didn’t work. Any other suggestions to get apex to get new Token