Thread: ATK Level 1 Sensor Dead

ATK Level 1 Sensor Dead

What I sent to Neptune Support, but wanted to see if anyone has had the same problems;

"I have an ATK that I purchased from Bulk Reef Supply on March 26 2018.

Past day I've noticed the email warnings kept going off saying the top sensor (Swx6 2) was activated due to high water which I have set to do so. But now I see the reason, that the ato level sensor 1 (swx6 1), isn't working. So the ato is filling up my sump until the water level reaches sensor 2 and activated, cutting the ato off.

Test I've ran to see if I could fix:

- Moving the ato up and down to test sensors, opening, and closing.
    - Making sure module and apex had the current upgrades/software (which they did and do)
    - Restarting the FMM
    - Reprogramming the FMM
    - Switching sensors to make sure it wasn't a port problem on the fmm.

After all this, the Sensor 1 still shows that it's not working even below water.

With this being said it seems to be dead. Is there a replacement I can get or a fix for this?"

With this being said it seems to be dead. Is there a replacement I can get or a fix for this?"
    Yes - through tech support.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Yours is under warranty, but when it's out of warranty, replacement OS-1 sensors with the proper connector are also available at BRS, MarineDepot, etc. Takes just a few minutes to replace a failed ATK sensor.

I would also suggest programming in some extra text alarms. A properly functioning ATK should cycle around the low sensor, open then closed then open etc. So if you create virtual outlets that generate alarms when your low sensor reads open for too long or closed for too long, you will be alerted to a potential problem before it becomes a big problem.

Ran through multiple tests with Neptune. It did end up being a dead sensor, so they are replacing by mailing out another one. I also bought an additional one from Bulk Reef as well to have on hand.

Thanks, Rkpetersen for the advice on the text alerts. I will be putting those in as well when I receive the sensor tonight.