Thread: Varios 6 programming HELP

New User

Lightbulb Varios 6 programming HELP

I pluged the 10v cable with apex for my varios 6 pump, how i set it to be controlled from 0% to 100% ? Is there a way to make a percenteg switch ?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by m_alrkyan View Post
    I pluged the 10v cable with apex for my varios 6 pump, how i set it to be controlled from 0% to 100% ? Is there a way to make a percenteg switch ?
    I think you can only do it from the apex dashboard and not fusion. You would use a variable speed outlet. There are coralvue videos that make it easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's straightforward, you can do it in either Apex Local or Fusion. You program the speed percentages into the variable output tile that corresponds to the pump control cable you just hooked up. (Could be any 1 of the 4 variable outputs on the base unit.) I actually have a VarioS 6 for one of my return pumps, and here's its code.

Fallback ON
    Set Ramp020100
    If FeedA 000 Then 13
    If FeedB 000 Then 13
    If FeedC 000 Then 13
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF

This runs the pump at 100% all the time, unless I'm using a feed cycle. Feeds A, B, and C slow the flow to 13%, which on my system results in water holding stationary, moving neither forward nor back, during feeding and some maintenance tasks. The Set command references a profile that starts the pump at 20% and increases to 100% over 1 minute; this keeps the return from blasting back on immediately at full power when the feed mode is cancelled.

If you just want to set the pump to a specific speed, the command is just Set XX. If you want different speeds at different times, you can do If Time xx:xx to xx:xx Then XX, and so on.