Thread: Rattle and Crack

New User

Rattle and Crack

I am wondering if anyone else has had a broken shaft be the cause of rattling while running. My right WAV was making noise so I took it out to clean. When I pulled the impeller out the shaft was broken. There was the usual stuff on the both power heads, but only the right one was cracked.
    Is their a way to glue the shaft back together? Is this common?

Thanks,
    t.

impeller.jpg

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Chad

New User
    This happened to one of my Power Heads, after only a couple of months running, the shaft was broken mid way through the magnet. This gave enough mating surface for good gluing contact surface area, so glued together with superglue. Both my powerheads packed up after 2 years, with a constant stall warning even though they are spotlessly clean. Because i live in the UK I only had 12 month warranty with the seller, Could not justify the expense in replacing them Like for Like, so purchase 2 Maxspect Gyro for less than a single Neptune Wave Power Head..

New User
    iamchester,
    I took your advice and contacted support. Even though my WAV was out of warranty they took care of me. I am getting a replacement shaft as a courtesy. I love it when companies stand behind their products!

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Hmm, somehow I knew they would.
    Chad