Thread: COR 20 Power Issues

Regular Vistor

COR 20 Power Issues

So I've been having some strange issues with my COR 20 lately and it seems to be a power issue.

First my IQ settings are 40% min and 85% max. Then I have a single point on the power graph at 90%.

If I try and raise my IQ max above 85% it starts power cycling the pump, you can hear it ramping up then dropping. Sometimes I will get a VOLT error on fusion sometimes I won't.

Today, it wasn't responding to feed mode requests until I power cycled it (unplugged, then plugged back in). I've had it for about two months and I haven't taken it apart and cleaned it, could that be an issue? Also I noticed the power supply was pretty hot to the touch, I could hold it in my hand but it was definitely hot.

I'm hoping I won't need to send it back as I don't have a backup return pump.

Regular Vistor
    Bump, been going back and forth with Neptune support for just over a week now about this.

So far the solutions presented have been:
    *Run the diagnostic (Can't run the diagnostic, fix for that: PLEASE run the diagnostic)
    *Don't run it on a manifold
    *Don't have 90s or 45s in your plumbing
    *Don't face the intake into a corner

I now have an appointment with tech support to talk on the phone tomorrow, so hopefully that gets us somewhere. I replaced an ecotech m1 in the same sump, in the same spot, but replumbed to have 1.25" plumbing from 1".

I'll update this thread with any other solutions and/or what the final fix is in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Regular Vistor
    So I spent about an hour on the phone with tech support today and the technician was very nice, excellent customer support.

Unfortunately, we did not discover any solutions. In fact, we found that when the pump was run up near its max, it would also disconnect my apex from fusion on top of randomly powering down/fluctuating speed.

So now my next step, is to plug the pump into my powerbar so we can monitor any power discrepancies while its running. Im going on vacation so I won't be able to update this for a bit, but thats where I'm at.

Does anyone know if they send you a replacement pump before you send yours back for repairs? Or do they repair and send back your original pump?

Frequent Visitor
    I've never sent anything back to them, so I can't answer that part of the question, but what you describe could either be an issue with the pump or the controller. The fact that it disconnects makes me wonder if it's the controller. Things like a manifold, extra fittings in the plumbing, etc may increase the head pressure and decrease the flow but shouldn't cause it to power cycle.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by ehunforfun View Post
    So I've been having some strange issues with my COR 20 lately and it seems to be a power issue.

First my IQ settings are 40% min and 85% max. Then I have a single point on the power graph at 90%.

If I try and raise my IQ max above 85% it starts power cycling the pump, you can hear it ramping up then dropping. Sometimes I will get a VOLT error on fusion sometimes I won't.

Today, it wasn't responding to feed mode requests until I power cycled it (unplugged, then plugged back in). I've had it for about two months and I haven't taken it apart and cleaned it, could that be an issue? Also I noticed the power supply was pretty hot to the touch, I could hold it in my hand but it was definitely hot.

I'm hoping I won't need to send it back as I don't have a backup return pump.
    Im having a similar issue I can’t go above 65% without the pump surging and sometimes getting a volt warning. Is it the pumps issue or the sump not having enough flo to move the water faster than the pump is pumping out.

Regular Vistor
    I never really got this resolved unfortunately...kinda gave up on the run around with tech support. They finally after months and hours of troubleshooting (I felt like a beta tester!) they offered to send me a new power supply, then if that didn’t work a new control unit, then if that didn’t work a new pump. Shipping at my expense. I gave up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    So are you just disposing of the pump?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg1960 View Post
    So are you just disposing of the pump?
    No it’s reliable under 60%, I changed up my system and I’m not using the manifold like I planned to so I’m only running it at like 35%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk