Thread: Looking for different ATK pump

Regular Vistor

Looking for different ATK pump

Has anyone else used a different pump other that the crappy Neptune Pmup on their ATK? If so, would you mind sharing?

I am sitting here at work with an error on my ATK because my pmup has seized up again. Totally stresses me out because I have about 10k worth of high end SPS in my tank. I bought the Neptune ATK to help me protect my investment, but unfortunately, it looks like it's the weak link and I will have to find a way to rig another pump to work. My pmup has seized up four times on my ATK, which makes me nervous about leaving for vacation this summer. So now, my plan is to install a 24v ro 9v stepdown converter and go back to my tunze ATO pump that worked flawlessly for 2 years. Not to mention the tunze pumps are nearly half the price of the "premium" (LOL) ATK pmup. Any opinions?

I have read about so many failures on this pmup, which is totally unacceptable on such an important piece of equipment. Neptune obviously has a problem with these pumps and they need to recall and redesign them. Instead, all I see them doing is replacing a defective pmup with another defective pmup. $39.99 for a defective pmup with a failure rate as high as what I'm seeing online is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant, but sucks when you have so much money on the line...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use aqualifters on my biocube and this particular one has done pretty well but they are not any more reliable than the PMUP.

I use a litermeter3 on my new build which works exceptionally well and is darn near bulletproof. I bought it used from a reefer I trust and he had them working on his for about 3 years before I bought it without a hitch.

I have also heard good things about the Avast Diaphram pump but haven't used one personally.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    At 10k of corals I would have two ATOs If I were you. Two ATK and you can take your vacation with peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by XLOR8T View Post
    At 10k of corals I would have two ATOs If I were you. Two ATK and you can take your vacation with peace of mind.

Haha, I just installed ATK with 9v stepdown to run my Tunze pump which has never failed in 2 years. I made it redundant by adding a second pump. Both feed a Y that goes into sump.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Randyp79 View Post
    Haha, I just installed ATK with 9v stepdown to run my Tunze pump which has never failed in 2 years. I made it redundant by adding a second pump. Both feed a Y that goes into sump.

Golden.

NSI Member
    Randy,

Would you mind sharing what stepdown transformer your purchased and where you got it from?

Thank You!

Don

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmartinpc View Post
    Randy,

Would you mind sharing what stepdown transformer your purchased and where you got it from?

Thank You!

Don
    Here is a pic. I bought it on Amazon and it works great! They also make a 24v to 12v stepdown that I bought to run some computer fans for cooling.