Thread: Improvements that you can take or leave.

Frequent Visitor

Improvements that you can take or leave.

1. AFS - make it so that when you pull the cup out, you don't just pull the cover of the cup out and empty all food into the tank. Make it so that you can adjust the slider without removing up the cup. Make it less noisy when it is feeding.
    2. Breakout box - make it so that the ground terminal is not shared by all 6 switches. Use DC power connectors, or alike, so that you can solder, splice, cable that allow quick connect / disconnect
    3. Fix your WAV pump short-out problem - I have had 3 WAVs in 2 years. 2 of them shorted out and died. 1 of each killed my EB832 (temporarily), and 2nd one killed my other devices (1 WAV, 2 DOS, 2 24VDC devices.) You need to admit the problem and extend the warranty.
    4. Make it so that camera integration will support ONVIF so that we can use our cameras (all modern cameras support ONVIF).
    5. Use magnet, not screws, on your Probe holder. See INNOVATIVE MARINE 8101. I cracked my probe by accidentally overtightened the plastic screws.
    6. Make it so that your COND probe would not trap bubbles.
    7. Make it so that we can text messages to Google voice phone numbers, not just the major cell providers.

There is a lot more but that is on top of my head now.

Quote Originally Posted by derekc View Post
    7. Make it so that we can text messages to Google voice phone numbers, not just the major cell providers.
    You already can. You just need to look up the email to text address for that provider. For example Verizon is [email protected] but they just added the dropdown as a shortcut since it's so common they wanted to make it easier on the masses.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by derekc View Post
    2. Breakout box - make it so that the ground terminal is not shared by all 6 switches. Use DC power connectors, or alike, so that you can solder, splice, cable that allow quick connect / disconnect
    Avast Marine already has a product that is setup this way:
    https://www.avastmarine.com/products/digital-input-box

or you can save about $20 and build it yourself from one of their kits:
    https://www.avastmarine.com/products...ne-controllers

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You already can. You just need to look up the email to text address for that provider. For example Verizon is [email protected] but they just added the dropdown as a shortcut since it's so common they wanted to make it easier on the masses.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Google voice doesn't have an email to text option. I've been hoping for this same thing for years but so far it hasn't happened on either side to support google voice numbers.