Thread: Master/Slave "EchoSmart" Relationships Makes NO SENSE!!!

New User

Master/Slave "EchoSmart" Relationships Makes NO SENSE!!!

I am trying to program my 2 MP40's to use the Tidal Swell Mode and Nutrient Transport Mode during different parts of the day. Those are obviously options we can select. However what isn't so clear is how to create a true "master/slave" relationship between the pumps. The options are Sync/Anti-Sync. I've asked about what those mean and the answers I get aren't acceptable to me. I get the obvious "one syncs and one does the opposite" effect. Those are meaningless answers. The "opposite of what" is what I keep saying. What I want is the same functionality as stated in the echotech documentation of how pumps behave in a master/slave relationship. I don't want the pumps to act the same, I want to act as a team according to the programming of the eco-smartmodes. I will post a graphic of what IM talking about from echotech. If you look at the graphic of the two modes they act as a team, not as two separate configs. This is what confuses me about the whole sync/anti-sync deal when using an echosmart mode.Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 4.50.52 PM.jpg

New User
    I want to add this to my thread: this is what I want to happen, but what Im not getting is the flashing LEDs as stated here:
    Ecosmart TSM (Tidal Swell Mode):

This EcoSmart mode is used to create a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. In this mode, your EcoSmart master driver will be purple and your slave driver will flash white/orange/teal and indicate its speed using the LED strip. The first two LEDs will indicate which EcoSmart mode you are in. This mode would be great for ultra high energy reef tanks, such as those that an SPS keeper seeks to create, and is represented visually below:

Frequent Visitor
    It's how you set it up in the wizard.
    I have (4) MP40's on my 120 gallon (48"x24"x24")
    (2) on the left end - the Master and a slave set to anti sync.
    (2) on the back - both set to Ecoback.

All 4 work seamlessly together.

First program your Master using the wizard.

MP40_Left.JPG

Then the Slave

If you notice it's set to 100%, then in the mode (the column that has what looks like a file folder icon) it's set to Anti_Sync.
    Once you chose any of the 3 Sync, Anti-Sync, or EcoBack, to the right under the gear Icon you can chose what MP40 to use as the "Master"

MP40_Right.JPG

The program the back MP40's the same way only chose EcoBack as the mode, and the MP40 you chose as the master.
    I have the back 2 set at 25%

MP40_Back.JPG