Thread: EMERGENCY - APEX Unit/EB won't power on?!

New User

Exclamation EMERGENCY - APEX Unit/EB won't power on?!

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me. I've opened a ticket with Neptune but since it's after business hours I'm assuming this won't get answered today.

Please help! My Apex has stopped working and won't power on. Everything has been running very smoothly until all of a sudden today, it powered off and then powered back on. My wife heard the sound and called me. I came home from work... Initially it came back on but the display wasn't working and my MP-40 all of sudden said missing. I tried the unplug and plug back in method and now the Apex won't turn on at all. The Energy bar or base unit won't even light up. I've verified the plug is in working order.

The weird thing is, I'll leave it plugged in and intermittently things like the return pump seem to come on briefly (less than 10 seconds) and then shuts off, however no lights come on at all on the Energy Bar or Base unit.

I've got a pre-planned vacation coming up for the holiday weekend and really can't leave my house until this is fixed. Please help me! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor
    If you unplugged the EB and everything from it so only the base and EB are still connected and plugged the EB back up and it doesn't power on there isn't much more to add other than checking the breaker on the back of the EB.

Is the EB connected to a surge protector? Maybe what your wife heard was a brown out surge. And they both popped.

Good luck figuring it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What modules and devices do you have connected to your apex? I would do what anit77 suggests with removing all modules and devices except the base unit and the EB8/832 and see if it turns on.

Do you have and ATK?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    Do you have and ATK?
    His profile lists an ATK.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

New User
    So after a couple hours of troubleshooting, here's what I've done and determined. I believe my EB832 has been corrupted somehow in the power flicker.

I used an old router power plug to utilize as the alternative power source for my base unit. I unplugged the EB832 from the wall as well. The alternative power source powered up the Apex Base Unit. I then plugged the Aquabus cable for the EB832 back into the base unit and it powered up! However, if I try to plug the EB832 into the wall and not utilize the alternative power supply, it does NOT work.... leading me to believe the EB832 was corrupted somehow.

I logged into my Apex locally and tried to update the firmware on the EB832 even though there was no update available. I ran that update but the problem still persists.

As of now though my Apex is powered up via that alternative power supply and there is at least flow, heat, and light! I also have opened a ticket with Neptune. What do you guys think?

Frequent Visitor
    Did ya check the breaker on the back of the EB?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
    Did ya check the breaker on the back of the EB?
    I did. I couldn't press it in/manipulate it in any way so I assume it wasn't tripped.

Frequent Visitor
    The only thing else I can think of is trying a different USB port. On both the EB & base.

This sounds kinda like the power supply in the energy bar blew out.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.