Thread: DOS Intervals - what do they do?

Regular Vistor

DOS Intervals - what do they do?

What is the purpose of time intervals with the DOS dosers (specifically the ending time - beginning makes sense as that is the start time)? I'm currently dosing 5 ml during a 10 minute set interval but it only takes about 40 seconds to complete the 5 ml dose. Should I shorten the interval to say 2 minutes to act as a fail safe? Is this what the ending time in the interval is meant for?

Thanks

If you are referring to the interval in a DOS profile, it defines the time between the start of each dose. You should not use DOS profiles under normal scenarios and really only apply to special cases.

If you are referring to the wizard intervals, those help the apex determine how fast to run and how many doses to provide within Neptunes algorithm to add the dose as slow and evenly as possible. I would not recommend trying to fit certain amounts in a very small time window. You are much better off defining the amount you want for the day, the window you want the dose to occur (24 hours for most things, some like night only for high pH 2 part) and let the apex figure out exactly how to accomplish it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I'm referring to the latter with the wizard. Below is an example of one of my dosing intervals where it's set for 10 minutes but only takes 40 seconds to does 5 ML. I like the idea of a max run time fail safe in the event something went wrong with the ML dose counter. Would shortening the window provide this max run time fail safe? Based on the above explanation, I would expect that it would dose over the entire 10 minutes but that is not what I see happening. Thank you

Capture.PNG

It won't make a difference.

Regular Vistor
    So is there any advanced code that might accomplish a max run time fail safe or is that not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by chadowens View Post
    So is there any advanced code that might accomplish a max run time fail safe or is that not possible?
    Doesn't need one. Those failsafes are already built into the inner workings of the DOS.

Regular Vistor
    cool. thank you