Thread: Help:Conductivity reading dropped to zero.

Exclamation Help:Conductivity reading dropped to zero.

Help my conductivity probe suddenly dropped to zero and I am on vacation. I have not stocked tank yet so no concern there. However because the probe was calibrated and had been relatively stable for weeks and the drop was sudden should I be worried specifically regarding the ATO. I have left a message for a friend to have them go by a check but in the mean time how worried should I be?

Ps I have alarms set for ALD and ATO and thankfully they were not triggered.

A reading of zero would most likely indicate the probe got unplugged. It's also possible if fell out of the holder and is exposed to air, but that would likely read a non zero number close to zero.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks friend went over and checked no water on the floor. I can figure out what happened when I return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I had this problem when I first set the tank up and it ended up being an electrical interference issue. I determined one of my sump power heads was influencing the readings, drastically. Replaced the pump and did a reboot on the Apex (not sure why the reboot was needed) and all returned to normal.

This probe was on my all in one tank. Turns out tunze 3152 ATO failed and water level in sump dropped below the probe. I have the 3155 on my DT and it has been consistent so the plan is to replace the 3152 with the 3155. Good news is there was no livestock and turned out to be a good dry run for when I am on travel. Only other issue was connection to fusion was lost for half a day but I was able to remotely reboot modem and eventually reconnected to fusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I just had this problem. The issue (according to Neptune CS) is that the 'older' 2016 Apex's had the wrong size cutout for the Cond probe. As a result, you didn't get a firm seat unless you shaved the probe down to fit. They RMA'd me for a new unit. You have two choices:
    1. If inside warranty, get your unit replaced
    2. If outside warranty, get out your pocket knife and boyscout the plug to be about 1mm narrower (without shaving away any of the connectors)

I did both. Right now my unit reads a perfect 34 conductivity (not that 34 is perfect by any means) AND I'm getting a new unit.

Good luck!