Thread: Pmup question

Regular Vistor

Pmup question

Hello,
    I purchased a Pmup a few days ago to use with a reactor. I bought the one without the power supply because I am going to run it through my EB-832. When I plug it in should fusion automatically recognize it or is there something else I have to do. It doesn't show up in my Fusion dashboard or in my unused tile area.

Regards,
    Mike W.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilk19 View Post
    Hello,
    I purchased a Pmup a few days ago to use with a reactor. I bought the one without the power supply because I am going to run it through my EB-832. When I plug it in should fusion automatically recognize it or is there something else I have to do. It doesn't show up in my Fusion dashboard or in my unused tile area.

Regards,
    Mike W.
    The tile you should be looking for in Fusion is not the PMUP itself, but rather the 24v outlet of your EB-832. If you look at the list of Outputs, it should be device X_9 or X_10 (where X is your EB-832 device number). Drag both of those tiles to your dashboard, then turn them on one at a time to see which one powers on your PMUP.

Once you figure out which 24v port is the right one, you can rename that port to something like EB-PMUP.

Just FYI, the PMUP is not a continuous duty pump and will likely burn out in a couple months if used to feed a reactor. I would use a maxijet.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Just FYI, the PMUP is not a continuous duty pump and will likely burn out in a couple months if used to feed a reactor. I would use a maxijet.
    Can you point me to any official duty cycle specs? Neptune's own web site markets the PMUP as perfect for carbon reactors, GFO reactors, etc., and the official user manual makes no warnings about running continuously. They only warn against running it dry or in contact with sand or other debris.

I have my PMUP running my refugium 24/7.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for your response. Plugging the Pmup into the EB832 doesn't generate any new tiles.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    Can you point me to any official duty cycle specs? Neptune's own web site markets the PMUP as perfect for carbon reactors, GFO reactors, etc., and the official user manual makes no warnings about running continuously. They only warn against running it dry or in contact with sand or other debris.

I have my PMUP running my refugium 24/7.
    Practical use by hobbyist have determined that what zombie is saying is true. I love them, but I would not recommend them for continuous use either. I have had three fail thus far and they were not in continuous use.

Thanks for your response. Plugging the Pmup into the EB832 doesn't generate any new tiles.
    Plugging anything into an energy bar will never generate a tile. The tile for an energy bar outlet is already there, you just have to find the one that goes with the particular outlet your device is plugged into.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Please refer to the PMUP user manual, pages 6-7 shows you an example of what EB832 outlet tiles to look for:

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...PMUP_Guide.pdf

Regular Vistor
    That did the trick. I found the control tile. Thanks for your help.