Thread: PH rapid climb

Regular Vistor

PH rapid climb

Hello i seem to have a problem. I have had this probe for about 4 month and suddenly this is what happens:

Untitled.png

and still climbing up. I now disregard the PH as i know its wrong compared to Chemical test is around 7.8-8

Any suggestions?

Recalibrate and loos for sources of noise near it including checking the tank for stray voltage.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Not sure how to check for stray voltage but i did move probe to main tank from sump with 3 hours no rapid changes as on 0.10th. I did use ph 4 and 7 to calibrate probe. Have 7 and 10 coming this week by post which i think should work with rince in tap water in between calibration fluids or RO water?

PH stays high but stable so hope re calibration will sort problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sertan View Post
    Not sure how to check for stray voltage but i did move probe to main tank from sump with 3 hours no rapid changes as on 0.10th. I did use ph 4 and 7 to calibrate probe. Have 7 and 10 coming this week by post which i think should work with rince in tap water in between calibration fluids or RO water?

PH stays high but stable so hope re calibration will sort problem.
    Stray voltage can be checked by using a voltmeter to check for AC voltage between the tank and the ground on a nearby outlet. If the value is more than 5V, it usually indicates the insulation is starting to fail on one of your devices, which will impact probe readings and if not fixed soon may leach copper into the tank when the insulation fails completely.

I don't bother rinsing between solutions. I just give it a good shake and it's fine. If you want to rinse between RO is better than tap but doesn't really matter as there is a lot of buffer preventing the calibration solution from changing.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.