Thread: 1LINK Power Supply. How Hot Should It Get COR/WAV. Can the Power Supply Be Upgraded?

Frequent Visitor

1LINK Power Supply. How Hot Should It Get COR/WAV. Can the Power Supply Be Upgraded?

So I have a COR15 and two WAV pumps. As of today only one WAV is working (but thats another thread.) While mixing salt in the new tank and running the COR at 100% the COR gives a voltage error and shuts down. I put the WAV back on a 45% pulse and the wave comes back on. After running all night the power supply for the 1link is still quite hot. Once I get my second WAV pump fixed I typically run them in "inverse" so I don't yet know how much more current it will draw.

1) How hot should this thing be under normal operation?

2) can the power supply be upgraded (third party device) or will the 1link then burn out?

Anything that gets that hot will eventually fail. As the WAV pumps get dirty the flow goes down so I bump them up in power to compensate. This will allow me to go several months without a cleaning. Now I know the response will be you need to perform maintenance, but clearly these products should be able to run at their max power.

The 1link itself is only rated for 100W (as far as I know. They could have built in some buffer), so it's probably not a good idea to up the power supply or you might (not certain though) burn out the PCB rather than getting a voltage error and shutting down. Increasing the power supply with one that has the same or lower per unit impedance would reduce the voltage drop at full load and prevent the voltage error. However if the board can't handle more than 100W, you just created an even bigger problem. Up to you if you want to risk it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    I agree I don't want to exceed the boards rating. But the power supply is likely exceeding its rating for it to be getting this hot. If and when I get my second wave pump fixed its not going to get any cooler.

Didn't catch that the first read through that you were only using one WAV pump. There might be a problem with your power supply if it's getting voltage drop that high on cor startup. If it's under warranty I would contact support, otherwise I would replace it (I wouldn't go higher than 150W since replacing a power supply is cheaper than replacing a 1link if it gets overloaded).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Anyone know what the connector size is?

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    Anyone know what the connector size is?
    I don't own one so I can't check. If it's the same size (unplug it from the wall before checking) as the aux power supply for the head unit, that is a 2.1mm tip center positive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk