Thread: VIDEO: How to use power monitoring for alerts and optimizing power usage

Frequent Contributor

VIDEO: How to use power monitoring for alerts and optimizing power usage

Check out this video to learn how to set up power usage alerts and study power usage to save you money.

Frequent Visitor
    NOTE: Not applicable for International Apex customers.

Please could Neptune always state what feature is and is not available to non US customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownfishy View Post
    NOTE: Not applicable for International Apex customers.

Please could Neptune always state what feature is and is not available to non US customers.
    It's only applicable to EB832. It's also not available to US customers using an apex classic, apex jr, or and eb8 or eb4 or eb6 on a 2016 apex system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Control Freak In Training
    Another useful video Terrence. I am setting up alerts this evening, thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    Is there a way to get these alerts on a COR 20 that is not plugged into an EB832?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    Is there a way to get these alerts on a COR 20 that is not plugged into an EB832?
    There is not. If you do plug the COR20 power supply into an EB832 outlet, you can configure the power usage alerts, but keep in mind that that outlet must be programmed to be always ON. You can do that using the Always Control Type, or with this simple program:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Crazy question, but how do you modify the values that were set when you go through the wizard? My skimmer is tripping the alert even though it's running fine. I'd like to modify the low end. I ran through the wizard again, but I'm not sure if that will do it. I also didn't see any programming in my alerts for this.

Aquaphile

Power usage elerts

If I understand your question correctly for Power Usage Alerts you use the Task Menu and then when you get to step 3 you can adjust your minimum and maximum alert levels(see image below). Make sure that you use the save button at the top after you complete all 4 steps or it will defer back to the suggested settings.
    As far as I know they do not show up in the alert settings or anywhere else other than when you rerun the Task Wizard. Maybe in the Classic Menu?

Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    As far as I know they do not show up in the alert settings or anywhere else other than when you rerun the Task Wizard.
    Each of the EB832's 8 AC outlets has two inputs associated with it - one for Amps, and one for Watts. When the Power Usage Alarm Task has been used, it configures the Watts input for the selected EB832 outlet.

Amps and Watts alarm triggers can be seen and configured or modified on the Inputs page. Go to the Inputs view, then select the desired EB832 outlet's Watts (or Amps) input. If you go the the Advanced tab for that input, you can view and modify the current alarm trigger values

Capture.PNG

The benefits of the Power Usage Alarm Task vs. just doing it manually are that:

• It's fast and easy
    • It makes a recommendation for low and high Watts alarm values based on analysis of the most recent 24 hours worth of power consumption data

If you've already used the Task to set alarm values for a given outlet, and you wish to change those values, you can either run the Task again and use the sliders to change from the recommended values to the desired low and high alarm values, or you can do it using the Inputs view.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    It would be nice if you could configure the power usage based on time of day. For example, my lights never switch off, they dim to zero. I don't think there is way to set an alarm if my lights aren't working because the normal daily range includes zero.