Thread: ATO FFM Module just clicks.

New User

ATO FFM Module just clicks.

Hey there, I had a bit of an "OOPS" moment last week. I left the ATO to ON and left the office. Came in the next day and it was running dry (splashing a bit). The tank had enough room to not overflow, so safe there.

When I turn it on now via Fusion the FMM just clicks every 3 seconds. No errors come up. so I'm not 100% sure.

The actual pump does not turn or even attempt to turn. No humming / vibrating either.

Any ideas?

P.S.
    I would like to get this one fixed... BUUUUUUT I also have an FMM with the Leak Detection Kit... So I could, worse comes to worse, combine them into one... But I have 3 leak sensors so I guess I would lose out on one of those and have to figure out how to combine them in the Fusion software.

Regular Vistor
    Plug the pump directly into the side of 832. The apex controller should recognize it and you’ll see it on your dash. Turn it on to see if the pump is working. If not then it is your FMM. If yes check your tube or outlet for any blockage that may impede RODI from leaving your reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks for the idea Waipahgrad99. I tried it and the 832 also just clicks. I tried it in A and B so from that I'm guessing its the pump itself.

NSI Member
    Open the pump up. I bet the impeller is seized. If you cannot pull the impeller out that is the problem. Running dry could have overheated and warped the impeller.

Regular Vistor
    If you can’t fix on your own, contact Neptune. I know the trouble shooting method because I had the same problem. They were kind enough to replace my pump for me as long as I bought the pump from a authorized dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    +1 to the above advice.
    What is probably happening is the pump is drawing too much current and the DC24 outlet is shutting off to protect itself. After a bit it turns on, the pump draws too much current and then it shuts off again, and so on.

New User
    New pump installed and now working again.

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions.