Thread: lights, probes, and alert troubleshooting

New User

lights, probes, and alert troubleshooting

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Apex and just installed an Apex (2016) model in my tank. I followed the getting started procedure recommended by Neptune, but something is up with my Apex that it is not working well. Here are some issues:

- As you can see in the attached screenshots of Fusion, there is an alert sign, which when I go to it I find nothing. It takes me to the calendar and says there is no log entry.
    - I have not been able to calibrate any of the probes. As you can see in the attached screenshot of the dashboard, I am getting non-sense values. Those values came up and never changed. It seems the Apex is not recognizing the probes. When I do the 'auto-calibrate' procedures, I see some warning signs (see pic), and the procedure never finalizes. I tried multiple times, waited a long time, but no success.
    - I have two kessil lights connected to the two pre-configured power outlets. I daisy-chained the two kessils and connected them to the Apex with the appropriate cable. As soon as I connected them, they both started blinking on and off. Thinking I still don't know how to program them, I disconnected them from Apex, and left them just to be turned on and off according to the factory settings (~9 am - 21 pm). The thing is they turn on and off repeatedly throughout the day, even though settings for the two outlets are as they should.

I am completely at loss and stuck trying to solve these issues. Can a good soul around give me some tips?

Many thanks!

P.S. I have a return pump and two headpumps connected to the Apex and those have been working fine. Also, I should say I can turn the lights on and off from Fusion when I do it manually (but not automatically based on the pre-configured program).

You're probed aren't connected. Make sure you twist them on, they are plunged into the correct port, and push your temp probe in all the way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It also appears that your time is not set correctly on your apex because you aren't getting any graphing. Go into clock setup and make sure that the "auto" option is checked and reboot your apex.

Frequent Visitor
    How many clocks do you see on your dashboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks All. It seems I was wrongly trying to 'calibrate' the probes connecting to Fusion via the internet, instead of doing it 'locally' and directly. Apex support noted that. I got the probes calibrated now.

Quote Originally Posted by pirarucu View Post
    Thanks All. It seems I was wrongly trying to 'calibrate' the probes connecting to Fusion via the internet, instead of doing it 'locally' and directly. Apex support noted that. I got the probes calibrated now.
    It's not necessarily wrong to calibrate over fusion. There is just an inherent delay to it, so the probes need to settle much longer and there is the potential for information to be jumbled on it's way to fusion servers. Not wrong, just not best practice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk