Thread: APEX Fusion Software/App + ATK/FMM + APEX

New User

APEX Fusion Software/App + ATK/FMM + APEX

I have setup APEX mostly successfully but am now running into problems trying to properly setup the FMM for my ATK. ATK was originally in standalone mode and now trying to get it to work through APEX and have now hit several problems.

1. Using Apex.Local on my Mac I have no "task" option to easy setup the ATK. Further no "new module" appears in the dashboard. I see the Sensors (SWx5_1 and 2) and that they point back to the FMM. but nothing else.

2. On my IOS iPad I do have the "task" option, however everything in the center of the Dashboard is greyed out so no access to essentially any control on the power bar through the app.

3. Now both the app and apex.local are telling me that my #2 sensor is "open"

4. I just want to control the FMM through my Apex (ideally even power the ATO pump through the powerbar). But I just don't seem to have the same software options. Everything is up to date firmware.

5. Last question: is there a chart somewhere that actually shows all the APEX inputs on the power bar and their corresponding names in the software (as factory default)?

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksteward View Post
    I have setup APEX mostly successfully but am now running into problems trying to properly setup the FMM for my ATK. ATK was originally in standalone mode and now trying to get it to work through APEX and have now hit several problems.

1. Using Apex.Local on my Mac I have no "task" option to easy setup the ATK. Further no "new module" appears in the dashboard. I see the Sensors (SWx5_1 and 2) and that they point back to the FMM. but nothing else.

2. On my IOS iPad I do have the "task" option, however everything in the center of the Dashboard is greyed out so no access to essentially any control on the power bar through the app.

3. Now both the app and apex.local are telling me that my #2 sensor is "open"

4. I just want to control the FMM through my Apex (ideally even power the ATO pump through the powerbar). But I just don't seem to have the same software options. Everything is up to date firmware.

5. Last question: is there a chart somewhere that actually shows all the APEX inputs on the power bar and their corresponding names in the software (as factory default)?

Thanks!
    1. The "Tasks" feature is provided through Apex Fusion (the cloud service provided by Neptune), not on the Apex.local interface. On your Mac, just browse to https://apexfusion.com and log in. This will provide all the features that you see on your iPad.

2. On the IOS app, the controls to turn on and off outlets are protected (grayed out) from accidental changes. In order to activate them, you have to touch the unlock icon at the upper right of the screen. It's the icon that shows an arrow pointing left, just to the left of the question mark help icon.

3. I believe the #2 sensor is the high water sensor, so it should normally be Open if the water is not too high.

4. Follow the instructions from steps 1 and 2 to show the same options on your Mac and iPad, then you should be able to manually turn on or off the ATO pump. However, it's best to let the FMM control the pump based on the sensors.

5. I'm not clear on if you're asking for a complete list of factory default output names for the EB (you said Inputs), or if you're looking for a complete list of all the inputs/outputs in your entire Apex setup. For the latter, you can click the Apex menu at the top, then choose Inputs or Outputs under the Configuration heading. This will show you every device on your system.

Hope this helps.

New User
    Thanks! With the help of RedSea FB group I think I got it sorted. I would still like to get the ATK connected so that the ATO pump plugs into the EBB and the FMM is only connected via USB (no external power). I actually think I had that setup or close to it. This is why it would be helpful if Neptune has or if someone has a diagram that shows all the ports/plugs/usb/DC etc on the EBB and what the are labeled in the fusion software - So i can properly route the data link from USB (FMM to EBB) and power port on EBB to ATO pump

Quote Originally Posted by patricksteward View Post
    Thanks! With the help of RedSea FB group I think I got it sorted. I would still like to get the ATK connected so that the ATO pump plugs into the EBB and the FMM is only connected via USB (no external power). I actually think I had that setup or close to it. This is why it would be helpful if Neptune has or if someone has a diagram that shows all the ports/plugs/usb/DC etc on the EBB and what the are labeled in the fusion software - So i can properly route the data link from USB (FMM to EBB) and power port on EBB to ATO pump
    Outlet names are listed X_Y in the device name field where X is the aquabus address of that energy bar and Y is the outlet number.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk