Thread: FMM not working. Help!

New User

FMM not working. Help!

I have my fmm module hooked up using the sv1 solenoid valve directly to my RO/DI system. Today when I hooked everything up it wasn't functioning. I have read everyone's programming and decided to follow the programming it sets up for you. I tried 2 different sv1's and even deleted and disconnected the FMM and am still getting nothing. Light shows connected to Apex, but the solenoid is not opening no matter what my programming is. So right now it is a really expensive float valve. Could the FMM be bad? Surely 2 solenoid aren't bad right out of the packaging. Thoughts?

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
    I have my fmm module hooked up using the sv1 solenoid valve directly to my RO/DI system. Today when I hooked everything up it wasn't functioning. I have read everyone's programming and decided to follow the programming it sets up for you. I tried 2 different sv1's and even deleted and disconnected the FMM and am still getting nothing. Light shows connected to Apex, but the solenoid is not opening no matter what my programming is. So right now it is a really expensive float valve. Could the FMM be bad? Surely 2 solenoid aren't bad right out of the packaging. Thoughts?
    Are you trying to use this for ATO with a solenoid in place of a pump from your RO/DI system? Or are you trying to use the FMM to turn on your RO/DI system to fill a reservoir? Just not very clear on what you're trying to accomplish. Please describe what you're trying to set up, what sensor(s) are used to determine when to open the solenoid, and post your programming code.

Does it work in manual ON?

Did you plug the power supply in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Sorry, I am using it for ATO. It is being used with the ATK. so a low and a high optical sensor. Programming is

fallback off
    set off
    if lowlev open then on
    if hilev closed then off

New User
    Yes using the solenoid in place of a pump. Hooked directly to todo line. I posted programming below.

- - - Updated - - -

Power supply is plugged in and no it is not working in manual on mode either.

Got a multimeter? If so, set the outlet to manual ON and see if you get 24V. If not check that you have the power supply plugged into an outlet that is providing power (ie if using an energy bar outlet make sure it's always ON). If you are getting 24V, then make sure your pressed the 2 pin connector in all the way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I'm getting power from the outlet and the connector is all the way in. I'm starting to think the FMM power is shot. It is communicating though because my optical sensors are opening and closing and sending me alerts. It is just the solenoids that aren't opening.