Thread: Disappointed

Disappointed

Never think I would be one of the people thinking about leaving Neptune but I’m totally disappointed.
    Woke up this morning to a next EB8 gone on me in less than a year very disappointed. All I have now is a flashing yellow light on it tried resetting a few times with no luck not even the screen will give me any info.
    Looks like I have to look at GHL now very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Things go bad from tine to time, But honestly I have 3 EB8's and an EB4 and they have been rock solid. I found that once I touch something is when I have had issues. But after a hard evaluation and taking the time to really dress things up and install things properly, I have had less and less flakey issues.

I believe that flashing yellow means you are stuck in boot loader mode. Frustrating but not the end of the world. I am not in front of my computer but there are several threads you can google on being stuck in boot loader mode.

True and that is why I’m looking to
    See what caused it to go into that mode so it’s the eb8 or a mod.

There are a few ways that could happen, but the most common is a firmware conflict in the modules. What I would try first is unplug every module from the apex except that energy bar and reboot it if it doesn't go straight to green (this assumes your base unit is solid green. If not there is a whole different procedure required). Once the energy bar has gone green, go to the classic dashboard and update the energy bar firmware in the module page. Then plug in your other modules one at a time and update their firmware. If at any point a module doesn't go green, isolate it just like the energy bar on the first step (though keep the energy bar plugged in if you don't have the aux power supply) and update its firmware as soon as it turns green. On occasion (though less likely) that behavior can also be caused by a bad cable or aquabus port, so try different cables or ports if isolating the module wont get it to turn green.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply’s. I think I may have found the problem so far it looks like it’s the display. I started there as it was frozen I unplugged it and eb8 went solid green plugged it back in and the eb8 starts to blink. I have the display unplugged right now I’m going through the apex right now to see if I can find what caused it or if the display is just bad it still lights up just no info so it may be that the display needs an update but I know for sure I updated all during the last update.