Thread: repeat notifications

Regular Vistor

repeat notifications

Can someone help me with fixing duplicate notifications?

I have an apex classic and an Apex Jr. I have them both programmed to send me a notification once a day just to know the power is on. The Apex Classic has always worked fine but the Jr. always sends me two notifications. I have power monitoring turned off and re-email delay set to 30 on both units.

The code for the Jr.:
    Set OFF
    If Temp > 80.8 Then ON
    If Temp < 76.0 Then ON
    If FeedA 000 Then ON
    If FeedB 000 Then ON
    If FeedC 000 Then ON
    If FeedD 000 Then ON
    If Time 13:05 to 13:10 Then ON

the notification I get
    1st notification
    statement: If Time 13:05 to 13:10 Then ON

2nd notification
    Status Off
    Statement Set OFF

There is no way to stop a second notification for the set OFF all clear message. That is not user configurable and will occur any time the email goes from ON to OFF. If your classic does not show that notification, there is something wrong with your classic, not the jr.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    OK. so i updated my firmware (to get my new DOS working)and now i am getting 5 text/emails for every notifications. I got 69 today!
    The re-email delay is set to 30 min.
    So I get like one message for a float switch, then about every 6 minutes I get a "set off" alarm until its been 30 minutes and then I get the float switch is still set.
    Any idea what is going wrong here? My email and texts are getting blown up. Help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by pfoxgrover View Post
    OK. so i updated my firmware (to get my new DOS working)and now i am getting 5 text/emails for every notifications. I got 69 today!
    The re-email delay is set to 30 min.
    So I get like one message for a float switch, then about every 6 minutes I get a "set off" alarm until its been 30 minutes and then I get the float switch is still set.
    Any idea what is going wrong here? My email and texts are getting blown up. Help is greatly appreciated!
    If you don't already have this in your email you should. It won't stop the problem if you have water level, temp, etc riding the line of an alarm, but it will stop any alarms due to noise spikes and significantly reduce the number of messages you receive when its towing the line.

Defer 000:30 Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then OFF

You can adjust this to suit your preferences where increasing the time reduces messages at the expense of delaying notification of all alarms. 30 seconds to a minute is the sweet spot IMO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the quick response! I do have a defect in my apex where my dry contacts glitch and open up here and there for no reason. I tried like hell to fix it and replaced my breakout box and float valves, and all kinds of stuff to fix it with no success. To live with this defect I switched all my float switches to normally open because the glitch is a false open signal. I wonder if having the alarm set for a closed contact it is glitching and sending alarms about every 6 minutes even though the re-email timer is set to 30 minutes.

I added the Defer instructions and flipped over one of the float switches to try it out. So far its been about 10 minutes and only one text!
    Thanks again!