Thread: ATK with the SV-1 Solenoid instead of the PMUP

New User

ATK with the SV-1 Solenoid instead of the PMUP

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone had setup the SV-1 solenoid in place of the PMUP that comes with the ATK. I am hooking my RODI up to the water supply then Y'ing it off so one line runs to my ATK so I never have to refill my ATO FW reservoir. Thoughts or experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    -Rob

The issues you need to watch out for is TDS creep, which can occur for the first minute or two of either solenoid opening when it's been off for a while and flow will likely stop or slow to a drip when the FW reservoir is filling at the same time. Outside of those issues, it will work fine as long as you increase the when statement timing from the default of 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The issues you need to watch out for is TDS creep, which can occur for the first minute or two of either solenoid opening when it's been off for a while and flow will likely stop or slow to a drip when the FW reservoir is filling at the same time. Outside of those issues, it will work fine as long as you increase the when statement timing from the default of 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir.

NSI Member
    I use my Apex to control my RO, both for top off and auto water change. To spare my DI resin, I have another solenoid that runs for about 30 seconds to flush the output from the RO automatically when it first starts.