Thread: New Apex Display - Nuvision Windows 10 Tablet

NSI Member

New Apex Display - Nuvision Windows 10 Tablet

Hey Guys! I got my new Nuvision Windows 10 Tablet setup, updated, and mounted. A "quick" note first. Terence was not exaggerating the time needed to update these tablets! It took me multiple hours to get all the updates installed, including multiple rounds of using the built in storage manager in Windows 10 to delete the "Previous Versions" of Windows that are saved after each major update.

Once all of that is completed, I can say I am beyond happy with this tablet as an Apex Fusion display! I was running a Kindle Fire 7 for about a year prior to this upgrade and I can say at times the touch screen was slow to respond and not as smooth as I had hoped. All of that is gone with the Nuvision Windows 10 tablet! It is responsive and much less frustrating!

I was able to re-purpose the existing mounts I used for the Kindle by moving them slightly farther apart. I will include a link to them below. Pictures of the installation and a short video of basic use below. Please excuse the semi-finished nature of my tanks! Still need to trim them out.

Video

Wall Mount on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Frequent griper
    I also received mine, it displays the Neptune stuff nicely. Haven't mounted it yet, not sure yet where I'm going to put it.

Nice looking unit. Very high quality on the outside, hope the innards are as nice, no way to tell of course.

Took about 2 hours to update windows, not bad, it went through cleanly. Not a lot of storage left over.

Doing some testing to see how long it lasts on a single charge when kept in standby.

Need to load up my Seneye application next.

Stan

NSI Member
    Be sure to check out "Storage Sense" This is an article that can walk you through the cleanup. Mine is only about half full now. Be sure to check the "Delete previous versions of Windows" checkbox so it deletes all the old update files. It makes a BIG difference.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-...-storage-sense

Don

Frequent griper
    Thanks, I had already done it, but it's good to see the documentation. Currently I show 12.6 GB free. Not a lot by todays standards, but would have been unbelievable not too many years ago.

Stan

NSI Member
    Certainly not much in comparison, but for Apex display purposes I think it should be more than sufficient. It should also be noted that there is a MicroSD slot where external storage can be used. I am seriously considering picking up one of these for my kids to do basic web browsing and word processing on. It even has a micro HDMI output to run an external display!

Don

Frequent Visitor
    IMG_2334.jpg

just finished with the new tablet install

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Walker View Post
    I also received mine, it displays the Neptune stuff nicely. Haven't mounted it yet, not sure yet where I'm going to put it.

Nice looking unit. Very high quality on the outside, hope the innards are as nice, no way to tell of course.

Took about 2 hours to update windows, not bad, it went through cleanly. Not a lot of storage left over.

Doing some testing to see how long it lasts on a single charge when kept in standby.

Need to load up my Seneye application next.

Stan
    I have also using Nuvision for a display on my apex and somehow i also try to use it with Seneye par but got no luck to make it recognize the seneye. Have you manage to make it work out for you ?

Frequent griper
    yes. it worked but the display size didn't match perfectly.. it was usable for what I wanted.

Stan

New User
    Let me ask two questions, as I like to set something similar:
    - Does the tablet connect via WiFi to Fusion or do you have some sort of connection to the Apex?
    - If WiFi is off, can we connect the tablet to the Apex in another way?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ines Braganca View Post
    Let me ask two questions, as I like to set something similar:
    - Does the tablet connect via WiFi to Fusion or do you have some sort of connection to the Apex?
    - If WiFi is off, can we connect the tablet to the Apex in another way?

Yes, it connects via WiFi to your home router for Internet access to Fusion or local network access to Apex.local. The tablet does not have any other built-in network adapter, so if WiFi is off, you would need some sort of USB network adapter.

New User
    Thanks!

New User
    Just set up a nuvision tablet and having an issue with keeping the apex webpage constantly on the screen. It will stay on for 10-12 hours and then it will log off to a background screen which then forces me to log in with my 4 number code. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I did change settings in screen management to never log off when plugged into wall outlet.

Frequent Visitor
    Where can I find the Nuvision Windows 10 video done by Terrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailermann View Post
    Where can I find the Nuvision Windows 10 video done by Terrance?
    It's on Neptune's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s90jpMmuUjs&t=167s

New User
    Can someone tell me how to setup my Nuvision to work with Apex or where to look. I would like a 3 column display.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyR View Post
    Can someone tell me how to setup my Nuvision to work with Apex or where to look. I would like a 3 column display.
    I log into apex on web browser and decrease the percentage of the apex display screen. 3 columns will appear. I think it’s on the YouTube video.

Frequent Visitor
    How are you powering the tablet as I don’t see any cables ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris155hp View Post
    How are you powering the tablet as I don’t see any cables ?
    It comes with a micro USB power adapter. I just leave it connected to power and mounted inside my cabinet door.