Thread: Notifications and recipients for different apex on list

Regular Vistor

Notifications and recipients for different apex on list

Hello. Is there anyway that I can send notifications to recipients for one account on my apex list instead of both of them? I’m trying to have a customer be able to receive alerts for leak detection etc on one account without another customer receiving them because of it. I’ve tried removing recipient from account on list that I don’t want them to receive alerts from but it removes them from their apex as well. Have tried clicking boxes as seen below to no avail.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving this to the APEX Fusion forum, because this is not specific to just the Apex Classic, and it is about a Fusion-specific feature.

The proper way for aquarium service companies to setup Fusion is to use a unique account for each customer. The customer needs to be the OWNER of the Apex in Fusion. As the service provider, you need to be an authorized user (usually with Manage access).
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Moving this to the APEX Fusion forum, because this is not specific to just the Apex Classic, and it is about a Fusion-specific feature.

The proper way for aquarium service companies to setup Fusion is to use a unique account for each customer. The customer needs to be the OWNER of the Apex in Fusion. As the service provider, you need to be an authorized user (usually with Manage access).
    Got it. So here is my situation.

The first apex I set up (customer 1) is a classic that I set up as myself as owner (not customer- a mistake).

The second apex I set up yesterday (customer 2) is the owner of the apex and I am a manager with full access.

I set up alerts and now customer 1 receives the alerts from customer 2 as well as obviously the alerts from customer one.

Besides deleting the account for customer 1 and setting it back up so I’m not the owner is there any way to allow alerts for customer 2’s apex to only go the customer 2 and alerts from customer 1 to go only to customer one? I would like to be alerted for customer 1 & 2 obviously as a service company.

Hope this is something I can do!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeSantis View Post
    The first apex I set up (customer 1) is a classic that I set up as myself as owner (not customer- a mistake).
    Besides deleting the account for customer 1 and setting it back
    You cannot delete a Fusion account. What you need to do is to remove that Apex from your account. Reboot the Apex, and then link it to the customer's account, then add your company account as an authorized user.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you. Would it be too much to ask for a step-by-step or do you have a link that explains how to do this? I’m not very tech savvy and fairly new to Apex so I want to make sure that I don’t mess anything up and I have to spend a long time reprogramming.

Thank you. Would it be too much to ask for a step-by-step or do you have a link that explains how to do this? I’m not very tech savvy and fairly new to Apex so I want to make sure that I don’t mess anything up and I have to spend a long time reprogramming.

Click the gear by the apex in the apex list and click remove.

To add it to the other account needs to be done locally, and there are instructions in the quick start guide.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor

So once I do that is there a specific process to take so that I can specify (as manager) that customer 1 only gets alerts from their system and customer 2 only gets alerts from their system BUT I would get alerts from BOTH?

Tks

So once I do that is there a specific process to take so that I can specify (as manager) that customer 1 only gets alerts from their system and customer 2 only gets alerts from their system BUT I would get alerts from BOTH?

Tks

You would get the alerts by adding yourself as an authorized user and checking your information in the notifications.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The image containing personal information (phone numbers) has been removed.