Thread: Problem Accessing Video Stream via Fusion - Username and Password Needed?

New User

Problem Accessing Video Stream via Fusion - Username and Password Needed?

Hi y'all,

I have two Dericam cameras, one pointed at my display tank and another pointed at my sump. Here's a link to the model: https://www.amazon.com/Dericam-Megap...ywords=dericam. I can access the video streams of both of these cameras by simply typing in the corresponding IP address and HTTP port number (e.g., http://10.0.0.161:420) into my browser as a URL. However, when I try to add that URL to the media panel in Apex Fusion, the video stream is not displayed in Apex Fusion. I believe the reason for this failure is that, when accessing the video stream via that URL, you must first enter a username and password before the browser will render the video stream. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, can you advise me on how to fix it so that Apex Fusion will show the video stream?

Thanks,
    Jon

It's much more complicated than what you attempted. The ip addresses you used will only be viewable on the same network as the apex (which is pointless because you can just look at the tank). You need to use your WAN ip address, which you can find by searching "what is my Ip" on Google but it will change every 1-6 months or any extended power outage without your knowledge unless you use dynamic DNS. You also can't just type the ip in by itself. You need to append that with the mpeg embedded link which is difficult to figure out and is not available for all cameras. You also need to figure out how that camera handles username and password on direct embed links and may need to append that into the url as well. You also need to apply port forwarding for the camera as well in your router, which many people don't want to do because it can create an entry point for hackers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk