Thread: COR-20 with 1inch Flow Senor Low GPH

Regular Vistor

COR-20 with 1inch Flow Senor Low GPH

Hello

I am running my COR-20 and full speed and my 1inch flow sensor is showing 570gph. My plumbing goes like the. 1inch with 3 elbow all the way to the tank. Split to 3/4 locline out let. I have one T between the one inch pipe feeding a carbon reactor. The flow coming out of the carbon reactor 150gph. I have 1/2 Sensor on the outlet.
    Is this normal?

Provide more details including total length of pipe and the height difference between the cor and the locline output. Pictures would also be useful. With that info, I can run the fluid mechanics calculations to provide what the physics say it should be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor

That number isn't out of line from the head loss calc. I was slightly conservative on the minor loss coefficients of the locline and flow sensor and I got about 800 gph between the two flow sensors compared to your 720.

Regular Vistor
    I am not home but sump height is 18, Stand is 36" Tall and Tank is 20" tall. I get exact messurements when i get home.

Regular Vistor
    wow thats a big drop off, thanks at least i know its not the pump, . I guess maybe reduce some of the carbon flow. I really dont know what is a good carbon flow.

Regular Vistor
    Zombie, question if I where to change to 1-1/4 from the pump all the way to the bottom of the tank. Same amount of elbows and carbon reactor, will there be an increase or not really since the bottle neck is at the locline?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Zombie, question if I where to change to 1-1/4 from the pump all the way to the bottom of the tank. Same amount of elbows and carbon reactor, will there be an increase or not really since the bottle neck is at the locline?

Thanks
    It would help some. Maybe an extra 100gph. The two biggest culprits are probably that tee you are using as a 90 and the locline.

Actually. I just realized this is a cor20. I did my calcs for a cor15. That calc is somewhere between 900 and 1000 total between for both in the current configuration. It does look like your current flow is a bit low.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks, I guess switching to a bigger pipe is not worth the money I am going to spend. If they made 1inch locline it would be great.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by flex13 View Post
    Thanks, I guess switching to a bigger pipe is not worth the money I am going to spend. If they made 1inch locline it would be great.
    Streamline the plumbing and remove any Ts and valves. Make the pump dedicated return and use a small secondary pump for carbon. You want low flow for contact time. 100-300gph according to BRS.

I has similar flow issues but all the little bits of of plumbing even the unions add to loss of flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I have to change something but I really like the manifold, it keeps things clean.