Thread: Overcur ?

Frequent Visitor

Overcur ?

Hi guys
    got the above coming up on fusion, got any idea what it means ?
    Thanks

That means its pulling too much current and could be stalled or have an electrical fault.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Hi Z
    thanks , it was a tiny snail !, it didn’t help that fusion went down at the same time , always the same it all happens together, fixed now
    j

All of the possible error conditions are documented in the COR User Guide. Try to make use of resources like this. You can often find an answer quickly, without waiting for a response here on the forum.

From that document:

Current Alarm
    - the COR can detect and report an over-current condition, specifically, if the pump is drawing more electrical power than normal. This could be a result of the pump intake being blocked or a foreign object is stuck in the impeller.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    All of the possible error conditions are documented in the COR User Guide. Try to make use of resources like this. You can often find an answer quickly, without waiting for a response here on the forum.

From that document:

Current Alarm
    - the COR can detect and report an over-current condition, specifically, if the pump is drawing more electrical power than normal. This could be a result of the pump intake being blocked or a foreign object is stuck in the impeller.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/
    Forbidden link above, not sure why....
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...e_for_APEX.pdf

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

Sorry - this is the correct link.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.09.36 AM.png

I am constantly getting this error on startup on a brand new pump. I have no blockages and am only running it at 45% Anyone else seeing this? Only a 3.5' head height on 1" id single run plumbing. Flow is good in the pipes.
    Last edited by JohanWilson; 06-14-2018 at 23:11. Reason: more info

Regular Vistor
    I just got a overcurrent this weekend. Pump was installed 3/24. It was calcified and slowed to a trickle. Oddly I got no alarm- just the indication on fusion. If have the if error ... code in my email outlet and the alarms checked in config.

3 months doesn’t seem super long between cleanings. anyone else have similar experiences? Not getting an alarm is concerning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you had some other alarm condition already present and therefore the email output was already ON, there would not have been an alert sent about the COR.

New User
    I haven’t received a single email or text during an overcur.

Quote Originally Posted by JohanWilson View Post
    I haven’t received a single email or text during an overcur.
    Post your email code.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NSI Member
    I got this error today and I'm glad I came to the forums. For whatever reason a search by various engines didn't find anything and I didn't really think to go to the documentation after nothing returned, figured at least that would have. Anyway then I came here. I have two Cor 15's one on my return and other on my skimmer. I took them offline for a bit today to clean them out (not sure the frequency yet so trying to judge by how dirty they are after back to back monthly cleanings) and when I added the return pump it threw this error. Couldn't figure it out then when I saw this that something could be blocking it it made me take it back out and apart to see what is up. There was nothing blocking it of course and I knew that but thought maybe it might be something inside like those small strumbus snails that I have a metric ton of.

Anyway I thought it was a good chance that the internal o-ring was the cause and sure enough it was. Somehow after I slid the neck part on it came off. I dislike that design bit I have to say. It seems like a hook / edge would have been pretty simple to add saving people a lot of time reassembling In any case this is what threw my error. Threw it all back together then powered it up and perfect. Read a few other posts today about having two of them and them causing issues with the back channel / energy bar they are plugged into or something but so far mine have been pretty solid.

Thanks for whoever posted this. Helpful and glad I found it. I thought something much worse.

New User
    Got this error today. Took the pump out, saw nothing jammed in the intake or out take. Looked clean. Impeller spins. Error code are LED 3 and LED 3&4. Power brick light is green. This actually happened after I went into feed cycle and the system started backup.