Thread: Alarms happening? - no alarms set!

Regular Vistor

Alarms happening? - no alarms set!

So I am now getting a high temp alarm and my email & sms outlet does not specify an alarms for temp whatsoever.

Why in the world would this be happening. I’m starting to think my apex is buggy. I have outlet set to AUTO and have tried Adding a different temp alarm to no avail. Have tried switching alarm outlet to OFF, then ON and auto and everything in between.

Is there a way that I can remove the outlet all together and start over and maybe that will do it?

Ugggg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use the Get Started Guide? This is covered in there: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getst...reak-training/, Basic Alarms topic.

In the newer Apex, probe alarm settings are handled differently than in the older Apex Classics. By default, they are configured on each input. Go to Inputs, select the temp probe, then configure the desired alarm settings on the Basic and/or Advanced tabs. Repeat for each traditional input (probe) desired.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Did you use the Get Started Guide? This is covered in there: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getst...reak-training/, Basic Alarms topic.

In the newer Apex, probe alarm settings are handled differently than in the older Apex Classics. By default, they are configured on each input. Go to Inputs, select the temp probe, then configure the desired alarm settings on the Basic and/or Advanced tabs. Repeat for each traditional input (probe) desired.
    here is how my email alarm outlet is set. No temp specifications. And I’m getting Temp alarms continually.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post

I did use the get started guide and set up the way explained.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeSantis View Post
    I did use the get started guide and set up the way explained.

Russ, I jumped in there into the probe settings and see that my alarm for being outside of the range was set. But for some reason I don’t see that in the email alarm outlet. So I guess it does not show up on the coding in the email outlet but still creates an alarm if the probe is set to a specific range?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeSantis View Post
    Russ, I jumped in there into the probe settings and see that my alarm for being outside of the range was set. But for some reason I don’t see that in the email alarm outlet. So I guess it does not show up on the coding in the email outlet but still creates an alarm if the probe is set to a specific range?

Correct. That's why I use the old school way of just adding lines of code in the email alarm, so I always have a quick summary of all alarms in one place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Correct. That's why I use the old school way of just adding lines of code in the email alarm, so I always have a quick summary of all alarms in one place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That’s a very good tip. Thank you I just spent about a day and a half trying to figure out what the heck was wrong.