Thread: Apex Classic in Fallback Mode

Frequent Visitor

Apex Classic in Fallback Mode

I have an Apex Classic with 2 EB8's, a WXM, an AFS and a breakout box. This morning, I found my tank with my Kessil at 100% and my apex display all blue (no text). Tried resetting the apex but no change. Both EB8's and the WXM are flashing amber, while the main unit is solid green. I cannot connect to my apex locally or through apex fusion.

I went through the firmware upload procedures and was able to get the firmware uploaded, but I cannot get the webpages to upload. I also cannot ping or find the apex using the flash utility tool. I am directly connected to the apex and my only arp entry is 172.16.110.172, but cannot ping that address.

I'm thinking I need to push the firmware to the modules via the webpage to resolve the issues... but how when I can't get a connection to the apex itself?

Any help appreciated!

Unplug everything except an energy bar and reboot. If you can access it then, update the apex firmware and energy bar firmware, then plug modules back one at a time and update them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    My main unit is connected only to my main EB8 right now - even disconnected the display. Tried power cycling a couple times... no luck. It's not pulling an IP address and the previously configured static address is not accessible. I'm still getting a green light on the main unit but a flashing light on the EB8.

I'm connected directly to the apex main unit via an ethernet cable from my laptop. I can repeatedly upload firmware successfully if I power the main unit off until after the first attempt to connect on the flash utility tool, but the web pages will not transfer. I also am not able to connect via browser or telnet to the original static IP of the unit, or the one showing in the arp cache of the laptop after pushing the firmware over to it.

Any other ideas? This was running great for about 4 years now, and out of nowhere last night at just before midnight fusion lost contact with my apex one time and never reconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
    My main unit is connected only to my main EB8 right now - even disconnected the display. Tried power cycling a couple times... no luck. It's not pulling an IP address and the previously configured static address is not accessible. I'm still getting a green light on the main unit but a flashing light on the EB8.

I'm connected directly to the apex main unit via an ethernet cable from my laptop. I can repeatedly upload firmware successfully if I power the main unit off until after the first attempt to connect on the flash utility tool, but the web pages will not transfer. I also am not able to connect via browser or telnet to the original static IP of the unit, or the one showing in the arp cache of the laptop after pushing the firmware over to it.

Any other ideas? This was running great for about 4 years now, and out of nowhere last night at just before midnight fusion lost contact with my apex one time and never reconnected.
    Sounds like a component failed inside to me. I would contact support, get the tank setup in a temporary configuration and RMA it for repair if they can't come up with any ideas outside what you have already tried (which are what I would have suggested).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk