Thread: EB832 Failing immediately after SW 8 update

New User

EB832 Failing immediately after SW 8 update

Hi all,
    I will appreciate any quick advice on this (I am waiting for Netpune support response, but my tank is not running).

I saw the alert in Apex Fusion that my EB832 firmware needed to be updated, so I ran through the steps. The upgrade utility told me that the update was successful, and Fusion now shows my EB832 is on SW 8 with status OK. BTW, by Apex controller and all other modules are on the latest firmware also.

BUT, after the update the EB832 never came back to normal operation. It is cycling through a few seconds of rapid orange flashing, 0-3 slow orange flashes, then sometimes the outlets come on for a couple seconds, then it reboots again.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Is there a way to revert to the previous SW? I have already tries to re-run the update process several times, and re-power everything completely but the problem persists.

Thanks,
    Jon

It's possible a firmware out of date on another module might be messing with it. I would push the update on your other modules and see if there is any change. If not, backup your config and print the config summary, then unplug it, delete the module and then plug it back in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Hi zombie, thanks for the suggestions... in fact, the Apex and all other modules were already on the latest firmware before the problem happened. The EB832 was the one module out of date, then when I pushed the EB832 SW 8 this issue started right away.

I took you advice and printed out my config summary, just in case... I am exchanging emails with Neptune Support. We will see if they can resolve this... may still need to delete the EB832 module, reinstall, and cross my fingers.