Thread: iOS12 Possibilities

Frequent Visitor

iOS12 Possibilities

I would like to start this by saying... I have no influence on Neptune Systems, and what they do in their product. I am just a nerd, who loves my Apex and like to think of possibilities that the future could hold!

With iOS12 coming this fall, Apple has released some cool little features that could be cool to see Siri access for developers to create their own "shortcuts". From what I understand Developers can add a "Siri Shortcut" button. Would be so nice to create something "Hey Siri, feed mode B on Cube". I am assuming it's been thought of, especially with all the hype over Alexia and Google Assistant. But iOS12 would make it easy to bake-in an alternative method.

I also think a Widget would be KILLER! Ease of access to the basics of what is needed on a daily basis. (or quick access to that "Oh SH*T" emergency kill all button).
    ApexWidgetMockup.jpg

Just sitting thinking of some of the endless possibilities that can be done! What other cool mobile features can you think of?

Alexa is the only confirmed so far, but I know they have at least considered the idea since one of the NSI application questions asked about Google home and siri. If or when it ever happens is anybody's guess, but I have a feeling it will be done at some point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I would love to see the iOS app updated to support Siri Shortcuts. I would create a shortcut called "feed fish" which would hopefully correspond to my A Feed Cycle.

Frequent Visitor
    I really like the idea of a widget as well. It would be pretty cool to look at my tank parameters with a glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9iron View Post
    I really like the idea of a widget as well. It would be pretty cool to look at my tank parameters with a glance.

That would be really awesome.

Frequent Visitor
    This would be awesome - https://youtu.be/si5kDnhtWMI

New User
    I’d like to use Siri or automator to provide my family with voice control over the feed cycles. “Siri, feed the fish.” MP40’s go off and i can drop worms in the tank. Fun.

More urgently, I need this functionality so my family can feed the fish while I’m traveling, without using the full apex app.